Epilogue

• Dedicated to You, the reader

This is it, the end :’( Dedicated to you, the reader. Happy reading for the last time!

....................................................................................................................................................

Epilogue

One year later

Five years ago I stood in front of a mirror and thought, who would want the ugly, loser Lacey? One idea turned my life around and now I stand in front of that mirror again and this time I smile.

I smile for my best friend, my brother, my fiancé, my baby girl but most of all I smile for me. I’ve come so far in these past 5 years and now here I am, at the end. My wedding day.

My heart beat picks up at the thought that I’ll be walking down the aisle in a couple hours to marry the man of my dreams. My rock. For the past year Jayden has been the best fiancé I could wish for. He’s a brilliant dad to Ava. He even gets up in the middle of the night to do the feed. A man who does that is worth keeping.

I turned when I heard Ava start to gurgle from her cot. I went over and picked her up “Hey baby girl” I cooed “We’re going to an official family today”

“You’ve always been family Lace” I heard someone say

“Wow Ava! You can talk already!” I exclaimed jokingly

Becky came over, rolling her eyes while pushing me lightly “Oh har har. Such a comedian” she said sarcastically

I smiled “Yeah but you love me for it”

“True, now come here” she pulled me into a hug but was careful of Ava who was still in my arms “I love you” she mumbled

“Love you too hun” I said back.

Our moment was cut off by Jamie coming into the room “Ooh girl on girl action. Carry on like I’m not here” he smirked and sat too comfortably on my bed

Becky hit him on the back of his head “You pig” she laughed

“Yeah well you’re the one that married me” he said back

“I know” she said and pecked him on the lips. I couldn’t wait to have their type of relationship with Jayden “Ermm Jamie, where is our daughter?” Becky asked worried

Jamie waved her off “She’s with your parents”

Becky sighed with relief “That’s alright then. Now out! Lacey needs to get ready!” she shooed him out the door

“Okay! I’m going! See you at the altar sis!” he kissed me and then Ava on the forehead and went to find Jayden. Jayden had made Jamie his best man and Becky was obviously my maid of honour.

For the next hour, a hair stylist and make-up artist came to get me ready. My hair had been curled and pulled over to one side with a silver clip put in so it stayed. My make up was simple with the smoky eye effect. They did Becky’s hair and makeup as well so we both looked great.

 My mom came in to help me get into my wedding dress. My dress was white, strapless and had lace all the way down. I had quite a long train at the bottom and the bodice of the dress had small crystals arranged delicately all over. When I first saw my dress I immediately fell in love with it. I even think my mom cried when she saw me in it.

Becky wouldn’t let me look in the mirror until she and Ava were ready as well so I could get, what she calls, ‘the full effect’. I had picked out an adorable pale purple dress for Ava which made her look like an angel. Becky wore a deep purple bridesmaid dress will sequins at the top of the dress. It looked stunning with her dark, chocolate brown hair.