Chapter 20

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Now be prepared people, the bells are ringing for a wedding! ;D

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 20

It’s dooms day. Armageddon. Deep Impact. The day the earth stood still. 2012. The day after tomorrow.

Or you could call it Jayden and Isabelle’s wedding. Either way, it feels like a disaster movie.

My stomach hurt so much. Every time I think of the wedding I feel like I’m going to puke. For the past week, Becky has been pushing and pushing for me to tell Jayden about the baby but I can’t. It would only hurt him further knowing that he can’t be with me and his child.

I heard a knock on the door. I was staying with Becky and Jamie for the day as it would be easier for all of us to go together to the hotel where the wedding was being held.

“Come in!” I shouted

Jamie entered with a small smile on his face “hey, how are you doing?” he asked softly

“Getting there. Just a stabbing feeling right here” I pointed to my chest, right over my heart

Jamie sighed and sat on the bed next to me “There’s still time to tell him Lace”

I looked over at him “Becky sent you didn’t she” I said bluntly

Jamie placed a hand over his heart and pretended to be shocked “Of course she did!” he gasped

I couldn’t help but laugh “I can’t Jamie” all laughter vanished

“I know it will be hard but he deserves to know” he tucked my hair behind my ear

“What have I got myself into Jamie” I cried. Jamie sighed and pulled me into a hug. He let me sob on his shoulder for a few minutes but I soon pulled away.

“Dry those tears, you can do this today Lace” Jamie said sternly

I nodded “okay”

“I’ll be downstairs, we’re leaving in half an hour” he got up and closed the door behind him

I let out a big breath and flopped down onto the bed. Today is going to be the hardest day of my life. To see the man I love and the father of my child marry someone else is going to kill me. Why can’t I live in a fairytale where I get to live happily ever after?

I let out a frustrated groan and got up from the bed. I picked out the light blue dress that I decided to wear. I was going to wear black and say I’m in mourning but Becky hit me and told me to be sensible.