Chapter 24

Wow suddenly got a wave of comments/votes/adding to libraries on all my stories! Thank you! Alsoo, ‘My Best Friend, her Brother and I’ has got over 14,000 reads! :O Wooooo!  

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 24

3 months and 23 days. 115 days in total. 2760 hours.  That is how long I have sat by Jayden’s bedside and begged for him to wake up. There had been no change. He just lies there without moving with the same expression every day.

I had to quit my job so I could spend the time with Jayden but the school completely understood and said that I could come back at anytime. They said that it can be an extended maternity leave.

Maternity leave. As I sit on the chair beside Jayden’s bed, I looked down at my swollen stomach. I was now 5 months and 3 weeks pregnant which made my stomach stick out quite a lot.

Seeing as I was at the hospital nearly every day, they kept tabs on my pregnancy and so far, everything was going really well. The baby was the correct size with a strong heartbeat. I was overjoyed that the baby was doing fine but I needed Jayden by my side too. I know I was being really selfish but I was just scared to be on my own.

On my 20 week scan, I did find out the sex of the baby and I can’t wait to tell Jayden when he wakes up but for now, it is my little secret.  I placed my hand softly on my stomach and rubbed it soothingly.

“Daddy is going to get better and we’re going to be a family” I whispered to my stomach. Apparently, the baby likes to hear their mom’s voice so I occasionally talk to her/he. I probably look crazy but ah well.

Talking about craziness, Stan Cox went down for manslaughter. Seeing as Jayden is in a coma, he can’t have the sentence for murder but with mine, Becky’s, Jamie’s and Aiden’s statements he got 25 years imprisonment.  We were all thrilled that he got what he deserved.

We haven’t seen Isabelle since we told her to leave. Apparently she quit her job at the elementary school and moved to a different state. She either listened to my threat or she was too embarrassed to see her daddy go to jail. Either way, I’m glad she is gone.

Every day that I come in I tell Jayden a different story of our past to see if I can get any reaction I could from him. I’ve done the pool story were Aiden chucked me in the water and Jayden saved me before I drowned. I smile as I remember that day, my knight in floral swimming trunks.

I picked up Jayden’s hand and cradled it in mine. I softly kissed his hand and carried on with my countless stories.

“Do you remember that time where Corey asked me on a date and kissed me for a bet. I was heartbroken but there you were again to pick up the pieces. I fell in love with you even more that night...”

(Jayden’s POV)

I didn’t know where I was, all I could see was blackness all around me. I could hear voices and feel someone’s hand holding mine but there was like this force that was pulling me back and stopping me from getting anywhere.