14 - The End

"One more coat to go on these..." Simon mumbles. I look at his eyes, but they're mainly focused on painting my nails. It's funny how precise and perfectionist he becomes when he's doing nails. "Stop looking at me! I can't focus when you look at me," he chuckles. "But you're too pretty!" I playfully whine, peeling my eyes away from him.

To distract myself from distracting Simon, I sing along with the music blasting in my room. My favorite song in the whole wide world. I put my whole heart into singing the while trying not to move either of my arms. I don't care if I'm good or bad at singing. I love Simon too much to care. As the song ends, Simon finishes painting my last fingernail.

"You have a beautiful voice, babe," he smiles. Babe? Really?
"Where did 'babe' come from?" I chuckle. He shrugs, not looking up from my nails. "I just figured we should call each other something since we're in a relationship."
"Well, 'babe' is a little overused." "Yeah... It felt kinda awkward to say," he laughs, lifting the brush a bit from my nail to prevent smudging the polish. "You should think of pet names later. For now, just call me Y/N," I say, smiling.

"I will, my wonderful beautiful badass kind and sweet Y/N." "Not like that," I snicker. I'd normally hit his arm, but none of my hands are available for hitting.
"Alright, all done!" he finally says, putting down the nail polish bottle. I look at both of my hands. Now all of my fingernails are painted a pretty F/C color.

"It's still wet, so no touching. Even though it's fast-drying nail polish," he says, pointing at me. "I can barely move my arm, so no need to worry," I assure. "I'll go put this away," he says with a grin, carrying the nail kit. He holds my face with his free hand and gives me a bunch of kisses all over my face and ends with one slow, soft one on my lips. He grins as both of us blush at each other.

Even as he leaves to put the kit away in the bathroom, my heart flutters in my chest. My thoughts are interrupted by my telephone ringing loudly on my nightstand next to me.

I pick up the phone. "Hello?" I greet. "It's me. Is Simon with you?! Is Kate?" Deena's voice frantically asks. "Simon's here," I say, raising confusion in my voice. Why does she sound so scared? "What's up? You sound-"

"I need you to come over to my house right now. Something's wrong with Sam!" Deena exclaims. I sit all the way up in my bed. "What's wrong with her?" I question.
"She attacked me. I have her tied up, but you both have to come over right now!" "Deena! Please slow down!" I exclaim.

Deena draws in a breath and exhales loudly. "You remember C. Berman?" she asks me.
"The survivor of the Camp Nightwing Massacre that didn't respond when we desperately needed her help? That C. Berman?" I respond. "Yes! Her! She called me and she said that the curse wasn't over. She said it never ends!" "What's that supposed to mean?" "I... I don't know. But next thing I knew, Sam was standing in front of me and then stabbed me with my drumstick."

I furrow my eyebrows, trying to process all of the information given to me at once. "Holy fucking shit! Are you okay?!" "We're fine! Shit, is Simon getting any of this? I really don't wanna have to repeat all of that." "No, he's in the bathroom." "Dammit!" "I'll go get him." "No, just explain on the way here! I don't know how much time we have left!"

Simon suddenly appears next to my bed, holding the nail file. "Hey. Si, we gotta go-"

He plunges the sharp object into my shoulder, making me yell out in pain and drop the phone on the ground.
"Y/N?! Y/N!!! OH, SHIT! SHIT! NO!" I hear Deena scream over the receiver. What the hell?! I roll out of bed and onto the ground, holding my side.

"SIMON-" I begin, but I stop as soon as I see his eyes... His blue eyes. Something isn't right about them. Those dull eyes aren't the eyes I fell in love with.

As my blood soaks into my shirt, I roll off of my bed and onto the ground. "SIMON, IT'S ME!" I plead. "IT'S ME!" It's as if he doesn't hear me at all. He lunges onto me again, holding the blood-covered nail file. Growling like a rabid animal.
I rip it away from his tight grip, but he quickly brings his hands around my throat and squeezes hard. I try pushing him off with my good arm, but his entire body weight is holding me down.

As pressure builds up in my head, I keep trying to push him off of me. I begin to cough and gasp for air, but nothing is working.

Please... I don't want to die... Simon, whatever is happening to you, please let go... Let go... I love you....

As my vision begins to leave my eyes, all I can see is Simon. His emotionless face... His dull eyes... Traits that replaced his sparkling eyes and his dorky grin. My lungs burn, desperate for air. My arm gives up trying to push him off. I begin to taste a little blood in my mouth.

I reach out for Simon one last time.

"Please..." I strain out.

Those dull eyes stare right into me as my vision begins to fade to black. There is no hope for me. I need to fend for myself.

I stab his hand with the nail file.