15 - Possessed

The weight is lifted off of my throat. I turn on my stomach, gasping and coughing.
I look behind me to see Kate standing over Simon's unconscious body, holding my telephone. "Kate!" I rasp out, holding my neck in pain. "...Oh my god!" Kate exclaims when she finally realizes what she just did. She drops the phone on the ground and rushes to my side. "Are- are you okay?!" she quickly asks.

"Something's wrong with Simon!" I try to explain. "He's possessed," Another voice joins in. Deena's. "What?!" I exclaim, wincing at the pain caused in my throat. "Sam's possessed, too," Josh chimes in, walking into my room. "She stabbed Deena."

"We have to go to C. Berman's house. She's the only one who knows the truth," Deena declares, tying a rope around Simon's body. "But what are we gonna do about them?" Kate questions. "We'll keep Sam and Simon in the trunk of the car."

"Why would Sarah Fier possess them, though?" I question. "Easy. Sam was supposed to be killed by one of the killers. Not Deena." Kate sighs. "Then why is Simon possessed?" I voice. "He didn't bleed on Sarah Fier's bones, so it doesn't make sense as to why the hell he's possessed!"
A moment of silence fills the room as each and every one of us goes deep into thought. "Maybe the witch knew that you were alone with Simon and that Deena was alone with Sam " Josh suggests.

"Guys, whatever the reason is, we have to hurry up and get Simon in the trunk!" Deena quickly says, staring at Simon. I turn to face a tied-up Simon slowly stirring awake from unconsciousness.

Please be the real Simon. I need my Simon back...

His eyelids slowly open as if they were curtains lifting up at the end of a play. They slowly reveal his irises. And... Those dull eyes remain where they festered. I kneel down to the ground and place my hand on his cheek.

Cold.

"Y/N, be careful," Deena warns, gently placing a hand on my good shoulder. Simon's face downturns into a snarl as my thumb brushes up and down his skin. A lump begins to form in my throat as his eyes face mine. He's still in there. I know he is.

I turn around to face Deena and the others. "Let's go find this C. Berman bitch," I declare, suppressing all of my emotions from spilling out.

"Let's go, then," Deena nods. "Let's carry him into the trunk." I nod and look towards Kate. Her face is far from its usual relaxed state. Her eyebrows are upturned into worry and her eyes are glossy with tears as well. "Uh-uh. I'm not carrying Simon into the trunk of a car," Kate says, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

I don't blame her. Even I'm reluctant to just throw him in the trunk with another possessed person like he's just some bag of groceries. "Kate, Josh. Y/N has a shoulder injury. We are the only ones who can carry him without hurting ourselves," Deena sighs.

"God... Fine!" Kate finally agrees. "Alright, then," Deena says. "Y/N and Josh, open up the doors for us while we carry Simon."

"My mom and dad are gonna be so mad at me..."