12 - Final Battle

Here we are... Grab N Go. Where Simon is employee of the month every month because he always works hard to provide for his family. Where we will battle the Shadyside Killers. Where we will kill Sam.

Simon grabs a handful of prescription bottles from the pharmacy and walks back to us. "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a 'certain substance'," he explains as he places the drugs on top of the counter.
"He was dead for two minutes. But..." Simon drumrolls on the counter for dramatic effect. "We got him back!" He smiles and points to Sam.

"Kate," Deena says. "It's time for your close-up." Kate smiles and nods in affirmation. She picks up a bottle of pills and pours them out on the counter. She grabs another bottle and pours out that one as well. "You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off," Simon directs, grabbing four pink pills and two small blue pills. "You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn!"

"It feels like an uncomfortable triple penetration by said unicorn, so be prepared," I tell Sam. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion, but nods her head anyway.
Josh gives Simon and I a weird look as Simon piles together more pills Kate poured out. Four big blue pills and yellow green capsules. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp waaaayy down. You may feel slightly sick," Simon warns.

Kate piles together a third group of pills. All capsules this time. "Now, you need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay? Pile three is what brings you down and out, so you got to take that 'take five' or else it's all gonna go to shit!" Simon raises his voice for emphasis.

Kate grabs a handful of EpiPens and hands them to Simon. "How many of those do we have?" I ask Simon. "Tons. Like a thousand," Simon says, grabbing them from Kate's hand. "Wait. EpiPens?" Deena questions. "Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline." Simon shakes the EpiPens in his hands. "This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!"

Sam sighs, processing all of the information that was just thrown at her face. "We need to lure the killers away from Sam so that she has enough time to take the pills," I say, turning to Sam. "We need her blood." "Good thing I managed to steal this from the lab," Kate smiles, pulling out a pair of sharp scissors. Sam brings out her hand to be sliced.

Kate grabs it and glides the scissor blade across Sam's palm while pressing hard with as much pressure as she can. "Ow!" Sam winces. Deena seems to wince with her. Blood begins to pour out from the gash. "Mark everyone with your blood," Josh tells Sam. Sam turns to me and wipes her bleeding hand on my chest, leaving a red X. She then marks everyone else with her blood.

"Sam's blood marks the spot," Deena comments, spreading more blood on Josh's blue flannel. She pulls him in for a hug as Sam wraps her hand with a bandage and walks up to Simon, Kate, and I.

"Remember half an hour ago when you two wanted to murder me?" She chuckles a bit to relieve the tension. "You two" meaning Simon and Kate. "You don't have to do this. You can leave." "Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us? We're ending this together," Kate responds. "Sam," I begin. "You're my friend. I'm not gonna let you get killed by a witch when I just got you back," I grab her good hand and give it a squeeze.

"Die well, my friend," Simon says to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Simon begins to walk away with Josh, saying, "We got back door patrol." Before he can leave I run up to him. "Si!" I call out. "Yeah?" he says, turning back to me. I stop in front of him. I run my hands through his hair before pressing my lips against his. I pull away and whisper, "Please be careful. I don't want to lose you." "I'm always careful," he smirks and pecks my cheek.