Chapter 18

Rose~

After a while Asher got up and I left without saying a word . I didn't want to pry into his feelings. He was a person who didn't show emotion or talked about feelings.

I was reading a book by my window when I heard someone come in. It was Asher. " Rose come with me" he nervously asked. I was confused at what he wanted. " okay.." I said.

I followed him outside the house. " Get in the car we're going somewhere" he said, and got inside his car. I got inside the passenger seat. This was the first time I've been in his car .

" where are we going?" I asked curiously. I was confused and nervous. It was out of the blue.
" I want to show you something." He said flatly.
We drove for about 20 minutes and ended up at a beach. I recognize this beach. I haven't been here since my mother died. We had a spot. No one went there. After my mom died I came to that spot to clear my head. I stopped coming here a year ago.

We got out the car and we started walking . Then I recognized the path we were walking in. It was towards my spot.
I was confused because I thought no one knew about it.

" Asher what's going on ?" I asked.
He sighed and sat down on the sand.
" Listen.. I wanted to apologize for how I was yesterday. I didn't mean to you know.. cry. I know you had better things to do and thank you for being there for me. Just don't ever do that again." He said.

Ouch. That last part hurt. I was trying to be nice.
At least he said he was thankful. " Look Asher it's okay. You don't need to apologize for something like that. It's normal to cry and be angry. I don't know what's wrong and you don't have to tell me. Just know , even if you don't want it or even if we aren't close , I'll be here for you. We might as well become friends since we will be living together for the rest of our lives and get married." I said .

He looked at me for a second before staring at the shore. It was around 6 pm so the sun was starting to set. " I saw my ex girlfriend." He said.

My head spun around. Wanting to hear more. He clearly noticed and continued. " We dated for 2 years. 10 months ago we broke up. I was going to propose to her but I found out she was cheating on me for a year. Who knows maybe it was longer and with other men. She was the love of my life. I had my whole life planned out with her. I even wanted to have kids with her someday. It all seemed like a fairytale."

I was in shock. He dated a girl for two years and she was cheating the whole time? Now I know why he's so closed off. Why he doesn't want to fall in love . I relate to him.

" Oh. Do you want to go get some ice cream?" I said.
He looked confused since he just spilled out his personal problems to me.
" I'm not going to pity you Asher. I know what it's like , but come on You're a bad bitch. You dont need her. You're clearly way more than any guy has to offer. You're successful, rich, smart, good looking, and you're a good person. If anything she was below you. You're on top. Stop sulking and let's go get some ice cream to celebrate that you're out that relationship." I stood up.

He looked at me in awe and started laughing. It's the first time I hear him laugh. " you called me a bad bitch?" He laughed.

" yes a bad bitch . Come on let's go get ice cream and we can go out" I said pulling him up.

" you know, you're odd." He said. " I know but I believe in focusing on the positive things in life ." I said. Then a question crept up on me to ask him. " Asher , how do you know about this place?" I asked. He seemed taken back by this question . " why do you ask ?" He said, with a confused look .

" well.. me and my mom. Before she died. We used to come to this spot all the time. We always thought no one knew about it. After she died I came here to clear my head but I stopped going a year ago." I said while looking at the floor.

Then I looked up and Asher was thinking for a moment. Then he spoke. " I always come here to clear my head. I came here with my mom too since I was small. I never showed this place to anyone but I guess you already know." He said.

I smiled at the thought of him showing me his spot. Even though I've been here. I grabbed his hand and lead him towards the ice cream shop.

" Hi can I get—. Uh Asher what flavor ice cream you want?" I asked. " mint chocolate chip please." He chuckled. " can I get two mint chocolate chip ice creams please." I told the man working there.

" Is that your favorite flavor Asher ?" I asked.
He nodded. " Mine too!" I squealed and he laughed. " what topping would you guys like on them?" The guy asked.

" gummy bears, whipped cream and a cherry on top please." We both said at the same time.

The guy looked startled and nodded. I turned to look at Asher and he had a confused look on his face. " How do we have the exact same ice cream order ?" I asked. " honestly I have no idea but it's creepy." Asher said.

I payed for our ice cream since it was my idea and we walked along the pier. Once we finished our ice cream we stood there for a couple minutes .

" Are you ready to go get some bitches?" I said smiling . " Sure" , Asher said, while laughing .