Chapter 3

8 months later

Rose

The day my mom died was the worst day of my life . Every day since then was a repeated cycle . I wake up, eat breakfast and go work out. I train every day . In this life you have to know how to defend yourself.

You are surrounded by enemies and people who kill the ones you love . Just like they killed my mother. Her name was Rosalie . I take on Rose after her. I also got a sleeve Tatoo of a snake surrounded by roses on my shoulder for the memory of my mother. She was fearless, strong and a protector.

She died when I was barely turning 18. Right now I'm 20 turning 21 in 4 months . Even though it's been almost three years, it still hurts like a bitch. The pain never leaves. It doesn't go away.

After I'm done training with Axel ( my  best friend since I was born) I head down to check on my dad . I head into his office and speak with him.

" Hey dad how's it going ?"I say sitting down on the chair infront of him. " Hey sweetheart. Listen, I'm hosting a charity ball on Saturday and I would like you to accompany me."

" Oh sure dad. Um.. I thought people weren't supposed to know about me yet?" , I say confused. Okay let me rewind a little bit. Since we are in the mafia it is very dangerous for us.

When I was born my parents decided to keep me a secret from the world. Not like completely a secret but no one knew he was my father . No one knew he had a daughter . Or even a kid. That would be dangerous for me and I would be used as a weak spot.

The news won't come out til I turn 21 next year when I step up as the heir of the mafia. At that time I'll be fully trained and prepared. I am allowed to go out but I always have to take Axel with me . " Yeah honey, that's still in place . I'm just asking you to accompany me. I won't announce that you are my daughter ." , he chuckles. " Oh then yeah of course.!" I exclaim.

I've been dying to go out for a while now.

I go dress shopping with Axel and I find this beautiful black dress. It will totally make my eyes pop. " Girl you'll totally look hot in that sexy dress!" Axel claps.

" Mmmm.. yeah ill take this one."I smile . After we get out the store we head to Mc Donald's for some burgers . Hey.. just cause we are considered rich doesn't mean we don't eat from fast food places and just eat fancy steak and wine. I'd much rather prefer home made meals or street food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asher

Today marks 8 months since I broke up with Brittany and found out she cheated. I was at my lowest a few months ago but I'm back up again. I'm stronger and better.

I will not let anyone bring my walls down. I get up and go work out in our gym. I check in with the usual men about the shipments and our guns. My father was out in a business trip and he got back today so I went inside his study to see him. " hey dad glad you're back.", I hug him. " Hey my boy! I missed you.", he chuckles and hugs back.

" Asher remember my old friend Roman?"
" Yeah I remember him. Why?", I furrow my brows. " Well he's hosting his annual charity event and well since you are going to step up as the leader in a few months,  he invited both of us this time."

"You'll meet different business people and associates. Everyone there is in our ring and there will be no enemies. Plus he wants us to meet someone special to him. Well I already know who it is but he wants you to meet her." , he says.

I think about it for a moment. I could use a day to go out. I haven't been out in 8 months. I've just been focused of work and working out I haven't had time. " Yeah dad, I'll go", I smile.
" Great! I'll announce to him we will both be attending.", he chuckles.

I get out of his study and head towards my room. I wonder who he wants us to meet. I thought his wife died three years ago though.