Chapter 17

Asher-

Earlier that day—

I decided to head out this morning. I needed time to clear my head. I went to my favorite spot at the beach. I saw two figures from the corner of my eye . That's odd. No one really comes here at all.

I decided to look towards the figures and there was Brittany. I had hoped I'd never run into her after our break up. I look at who she's with and it's a man. River. I thought .

I see her kiss him on the lips. There was a sudden pain in my chest. I was over her. But the pain she left me was greater.

I was furious. All the memories came back rushing in.

In frustration I left the beach. I was driving home but the images kept replaying over and over again. I was so angry.

When I arrived home I stormed in my room and started breaking everything. I was pissed. The anger consumed me. All the times we laughed . All the times we kissed. All the " I love yous" . It all came back. After 8 months I had a wall built.

Now in 3 seconds it came back down. Just seeing her . It broke me. What did I do wrong? Why wasn't I enough ? What did he have that I didn't?
I feel like such a pussy right now. Being insecure. When I have trails of women in line for me. When I'm smart and a billionaire.

I was at my breaking point when I heard my door open. I was able to see Roses figure before my eyes started getting watery. The last thing I need is for her to see me like this. No one has ever seen me cry. Not even my father.

I'm here sitting on the floor like a pussy and she sits down next to me. I tell her to leave but she doesn't . Then I finally break. I start crying. Tear after tear starts streaming out my face. God I look so stupid . She must think I'm weak.

I feel a soft touch on my shoulder . The tears came out uncontrollably. I was reliving the pain I felt in the moment I got cheated on.
She slowly moved my head towards her lap. I let her comfort me. She could be doing better things right now than being with me. Here I am laying on Roses lap crying my eyes out.

Her hand feels so comforting stroking my hair. I miss this. My mom used to stroke my hair like this when I was younger. I felt peace for a moment. I started to doze off.