.-. It was a long four years, but I'm back .-.

Request: No
Mcyt: Tommy and Sapnap (mentions Dream (his wheeze), Tubbo, Phil, Techno and Wil)
Type: Fluff and a small bit of angst
Ages: Sap: 20 | Toms: 21 (don't question go w/ it)
AU: Irl

A/N: I tried to search up how old you have to be to join the military in the UK and it said 16 because I wanted the story to at least make sense. I guess I like shit dad Phil cause you get more of that. I've been wanting to do this idea for....literally ever. I am aware that the way the ages work, Tommy is older than Sapnap and the same age as Dream but please for the sake of the one shot, pretend it works. enjoy!

*_*

*tommy's pov*
I can't believe it. I made it. Four whole years away from home. I was a forward observer, which is quite dangerous. That meant I was responsible for direction artillery and mortar fire onto a target. I basically directed the firing of all the bigger guns that can't see their targets. It was quite difficult, but I'm glad I made it.

(before i continue, i used google for this. all of this information is from google as i know nothing about military. if i got anything wrong, do let me know so i won't be writing false information!)

I left home when I was 17. I actually think I left during a SMP meetup so everyone was scared that I wouldn't make it back. I had no way to text or call anyone, as I lost my phone on field.

So as far as they all knew, I never made it.

I did leave Twitch and YouTube behind when I left, just so I could put my focus purely on joining the military.

I'm currently on the flight back, sitting next to one of my best friends, Oli. He had been with me since the beginning. Unfortunately, our other two friends, Michael and Keegan, didn't make it.

"So," Oli said, "Anyone at home waiting for you?" I smiled merely at the thought of all my friends from the SMP. I have no idea if they still are at the air bnb in Florida (where we were heading), so I could only hope.

"Yeah, man," I said, my voice deeper than it was four years ago, "I have my best friend, Toby. You know him as Tubbo. Uh, I have my brothers, Wilbur and Techno. My father, Phil, who wasn't the nicest man. I had a lot of online friends that I had met up with when I left so that group of people should be at least excited." I told him, watching him smile at me as he watched my probably glowing facial expressions of the thought of my friends.

"What about you, mate?"

"Oh yeah, I have my current fiancé. She's been so patient. Also, she had our daughter. I can't wait to meet her." I bounced in his seat a bit. I laughed at his bubbly personality.

"Congrats man! Growing up faster than me!"

We had a good laugh and continued talking for a while.

"Aye Oli. Do you got a phone? I lost mine on field."

He nodded and passed me a decently in tacked iPhone XR. I dialled the first number I could think of.

Sapnap.

You would think I would call my brother, like Wilbur. But I wanted to surprise them.

It rung once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Who ya calling?" Oli asked.

"My friend, Sapnap. Hope he ans-"

"Hello? Who's this?" I heard Sapnap's voice through the speaker and slight chatter in the background. I smiled hearing a very faint but noticeable wheeze.

They still all lived together.

"Hey, man! Go into a..more private area."

I could hear confusion in the background, but still hearing the shuffle of Sapnap's feet.

"Okay..I'm alone. Who is this?"

I chuckled. "It's Tommy, mate. I'm landing at Florida's airport in maybe 30 minutes and needed a ride back to surprise everyone. You busy?"

Oli was clearly excited beside me, elbowing me with a big smile, to which I smiled back.

"No, no way! Tommy you made it! Holy shit-yeah, yeah yeah I can get you. I'll lie to be less suspicious and vent to the airport." Sapnap exclaimed, trying to keep his voice down.

"You are so...so cheesy. Why the Among Us reference? Isn't it dead now?"

"No, actually. It got a bit more popular recently but I'm assuming you've been too badass out there to check."

I laughed and said my goodbye, letting Oli have his phone (that autocorrected to porn and i need bleach for my eyes) so he could call his wife.

time skip woah they didn't crash the plane-

We landed and got off, the sun shining down on Oli and I. We entered the decently busy airport. Oli spotted his wife, and I watched and he met his daughter and reunited. I got to meet her briefly, before Oli and I swapped numbers and I left to go find Sapnap.

I walked around a bit before I saw the 5'8 (i think) brunette male. I chuckled at his outfit, which was essentially his Minecraft character in real life. I walked up to him smiling.

"Been a long four years, hasn't it Big Man."

He looked up at me - which I was at least Wilbur's height now, maybe taller - and his eyes quickly glossed over with tears. I pulled him into a hug, laughing.

"Holy shit Tommy!" He exclaimed. "One, you're way taller than I remember, two, your voice is deeper and three, why the fuck are you just....FUCK I MISSED YOU!!" Sapnap was clearly all over the place with his emotions. I patted his back and I let him lead the way out.

End A/N: Okay I'm definitely making a part two, no doubt. This has been sitting in my drafts because I didn't know what to add so I'm posting this part now and I'll make a part two and post that separately. Military AU's are so poggers.

-Starby (Phaser) <3