Deadly Double Love 30

I squeezed my eyes shut and braced myself for death.

“Get in the car,” Rory commanded. “Now.”

I slowly opened my eyes as I realized I wasn’t going to die. At least not yet, anyways.

“Now!” Rory shouted.

I quickly scrambled to my feet.

“Both of you get in the car too,” he said to my dad and Scott.

Scott and I supported my dad as we all walked to the car. Rory followed close behind us, all the while pointing the gun at us. I knew he wouldn’t hesitate to shoot any one of us if we tried to disobey him.

“Kitty, can you drive?” Rory asked.

“Yes,” I told him and slid into the front seat of the car. Addie sat in the passenger seat and Scott and Rory sat in the back with my dad in between them.

“Drive,” Rory said coldly as he pressed the barrel of the gun to the side of my head.

I nervously pulled out of the driveway.

“I’m so sorry, Kaetlyn,” Addie whispered so only I could hear her.

I ignored her.

“Turn here,” Rory instructed.

I obeyed him the entire drive, terrified out of my mind. The whole time, I could feel the cold gun against my temple, ready to obliterate me at any time.

“Pull in here,” Rory said finally.

I did as he said and pulled onto a patch of grass that led to a large expanse of woodland area.

“Get out,” Rory said, at last removing the gun the side of my head.

We all got out of the car as quickly as we could and lined up before Rory, scared that we were all about to die.

“Start walking,” he told us.

Rory stood behind us as we started to make our way into the dense forest. My dad had one arm wrapped around my shoulder and the other on Scott’s shoulder. I reached across my dad’s back and grabbed Scott’s hand, scared to death that the next few minutes would be that last few minutes of our lives. Scott squeezed my hand reassuringly, but I was sure he was just as scared as I was.

My knees started shaking as we walked further into the forest. I began to think that we were only walking this far so no one would hear the gun go off when Rory shot us all. I couldn’t believe my life was going to end so soon. In the past month or so I had given a considerable amount of thought to the concept of suicide, but now that I was staring death in the face, I didn’t want to die anymore.

“Scott,” I whimpered softly so Rory couldn’t hear.

“Kitty,” he breathed.

Tears ran down my face as I spoke again.

“I’m so scared.”

“I know,” he whispered. “Me too.”

Deadly Double Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें