Chapter 21|| Evicted?

Hey guys! 

Woah, I'm actually so hungry right now.. I just got home from school and I'm starving

So I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! OMG, I've been reading this story on Watty lately and it's sooooo good. Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote!

Happy Reading x

~Chapter 21~

Tessa's POV

I wake to Buttons scratching at the door, probably needing to be let out for a pee.

“Alright, alright.” I sigh, groggily moving out of bed to the bedroom door. I let the puppy out, stretching out my arms and rubbing my eyes. I go straight downstairs, getting a glass of water and going back up to have a shower. I really want to go back to bed, seriously.

I get into the small shower, the warm spray of the water making me tired again, so I turn the hot tap off and struggle to stay under the cold water. My mind wanders and I start to think of Celebrity Bride again. God I miss it. I miss the house, I miss the people, and I even miss Courtney a little… I get out of the shower, putting a towel around me and my damp hair in a bun on the top of my head.

I search my room up and down for my favourite Nirvana shirt and growl in frustration when I can’t find it. I happen to glance out my window and see Buttons in the front yard, my shirt clutched in his teeth.

“Shit.” I can’t help but laugh as I rush down the stairs, eager to get outside before Buttons destroys my shirt in the mud. I walk outside and glare at Buttons, his jaw slowly releasing my shirt at the sight of me ready to yell at him.

“Don’t take my shirts Buttons! I’ve shown you which room is Ruby’s; if you want to take her clothes please do so.” I grin as I pick up the shirt, holding my towel around me.

“Is this how you greet everyone who comes to your house Ms Jones?” A vaguely familiar voice calls from the driveway, startling me. I look up to see a very professional looking Mr Peterson at the bottom of my drive in front of a large black car, an amused expression covering his face. Behind him is Walt, who clears his throat slightly and looks everywhere but at me.

“Uh, no-I mean, not usually.” My face heats up and I hug my towel tighter around my body.

“Come inside, I’ll um, just go get dressed.” I turn and walk inside the house, jogging upstairs get dressed. I come back down to the living room a minute later to see my mum, Mr Peterson and Walt talking animatedly, the sound of the jug boiling in the kitchen for coffees getting loud. I sit down next to mum and Mr Peterson draws his attention to me.

“Ms Jones, I’m glad you could join us. We have a lot to discuss.” I nod my head, staying silent. Why are they actually here? Walt speaks next,

“To keep the appeal of Celebrity Bride going, and to make sure our viewers are continually entertained, we have decided to have ‘fake eviction’,” I raise my eyebrows, glancing at mum, who looks just as confused.

“And Mr Peterson and I also decided that, after much deliberation, as the national favourite on the show we would like to send you back to Celebrity Bride as our fake evicted contestant.”

“This is a joke right?” I say before I can help myself.

“You’ll be travelling back to the house at the end of this week.” Walt says, ignoring my question. With that, we spend another hour and a half discussing all the boring legal stuff… Well, my mum and Mr Peterson did, Walt was taking notes and typing things on his laptop and I was playing fetch with Buttons on the carpet. When Mr Peterson and Walt eventually leave, mum sits down in the kitchen and eats a cookie from the tray of previously baked ones from this morning. I sit down next to her and huff. My mum is really beautiful, even with her hairs going grey and her wild green eyes darkening with age. The silence becomes deafening and then my mum turns to me.