Chapter 24|| New Friends and Enemies

Sorry for the (extremely) late update guys, the last few weeks of the school term have been pretty hectic, and I've just started a new job...

Anyway, hope everyone is coping with school :D

P.S. I can't be bothered to get my laptop out, I'm writing this on my phone, so I'm sorry for the many grammar and spelling errors to come...

~Chapter 24~

Tessa's POV

Breakfast the next morning is fantastic, the food somehow tasting better than before. I suppress my giddiness as I constantly watch Matt at the other end of the table, catching him staring more than once.

"Someone's happy this morning." Sam says in a sing-song voice as she takes her seat next to me, placing a container of Nutella on the table. She pulls out a spoon and dips it in the container, and I watch in amazement as she eats a spoonful of the stuff.

"Are you alright there, eating the whole tub?" She snorts and waves the spoon around.

"I haven't had Nutella in years. My mum thinks it's satan in the form of hazelnut spread, she saw some documentary a while back about..." I doze off and end up looking at Matt again. I watch as Courtney leans over in her seat next to him, whispering something in his ear that makes him laugh. I can't seem to suppress the frown growing on my face as they continue to talk in hushed voices about something, but then I realise I'm being ridiculous and clingy, so I focus on eating my food.

"Hellooo, earth to Tessa!" Sam waves her hand in front of my face, and I turn to meet her scowl.

"Sorry, I blanked out." I confess sheepishly, before watching Matt stand up, giving me a look before taking his plate to the kitchen. I'm sure this looks suspicious, Matt usually finishes breakfast last and never takes his plate to the kitchen, but nonetheless I wait a minute before announcing my departure to the kitchen. I almost walk over to Matt to give him a kiss, but think better of it. House staff bustle around the large kitchen, and a camera man had followed in behind me. Matt walks over to me as I begin placing my cutlery and plate in the large industrial dishwasher.

"Hey Tessa, how's it going?" Tessa. The way he says it sounds so formal, so distant. I clear my throat, willing myself to speak instead of looking like an idiot.

"Good, I guess." Smooth... Matt nods his head, the ghost of a smile on his lips.

"That's good, you pumped for our date tomorrow?" He smirks. Right! We're going on a date tomorrow, I almost forgot. I make a point of snorting.

"Hardly,"

"Don't worry, you'll love it. A date with me, who wouldn't?" He winks and I roll my eyes, ready to leave the stare of the camera before I blow my cover.

"Nice necklace by the way, it looks good on you." He coughs loudly and leaves without another word. I reach for the necklace around my neck, feeling the cold metal key in my fingers. Music room. Giddy with anticipation, I make my way back into the dining room, grabbing a quick glass of water before heading upstairs to brush my teeth. I hum absently as I brush each individual tooth to perfection, trying not to rush myself. Why am I so... girly? I don't remember being like this with Tyler, or Stefan for that matter. But Matt? He makes me feel so weird inside, he's kind of like a drug. It sounds absolutely cliche and crazy to me, but there is no other way to describe it. And just the thought of being on a date with him tomorrow makes my happiness bubble over inside. How the hell did I plummet head over heels in love? Gosh, I hate my irrationality and feelings...