Chapter 23|| Confessions

Hey guys! Hope you're all well! x

So someone PM-ed me about what I envision Tessa looking like, so I've included that in the media. :)

Anyway, Happy Reading! xo

~Chapter 23~

Tessa's POV

"I still can't believe you're back." Sam says delightedly, poking my cheek and pinching me repeatedly.

"Are you even real?" I swat her hand away before she can touch me again and roll over in my bed, groaning loudly.

"Why must you wake me up?" 

"Everyone has been up for an hour, it's time to get up sleepyhead." I can tell she's grinning, "And don't swear; you're on camera." She adds quickly, making me sit up and almost hit my head on Roger's huge video camera. I scowl as Sam starts laughing, dragging me out of bed to get ready for the day. Being at home, I was sleeping in later than usual, so it probably became a habit. 

"Come on, come on! Everyone is in the green room, discussing what we're gonna do today!" Sam smacks my butt, urging me into the bathroom. By the time I get out, everyone has left the room. Tori must have chosen my outfit for me already because it's lying on my bed. A white lace halter crop top and some high waisted shorts. Not the most modest clothes ever... I rush to get my clothes on, brushing my hair and putting in a messy bun. I open the door, Tori waiting on the other side. 

"Let me just put on some mascara and lipstick quickly." I wait as she applies my makeup, her tongue sticking out in concentration, and we then go downstairs. We part ways in the prep room and I walk into the green room, everyone turning to look at me. Not all the girls seemed that excited when I came back, especially Courtney, who currently looks like she's trying to make me combust on the spot. 

"Sorry I'm late." I mumble, sitting next to Sam, avoiding eye contact with Tia, Matt and Courtney. 

"It's okay, we were just organising plans for today. I think we've just decided on a day by the pool." Courtney's sickly sweet voice echoes through the silent room. No one seems unhappy with the idea, so we all go into the prep room to get changed. I quickly settle for a strapless floral black bikini and grab a towel, walking outside with Anna.

"I'm so glad you're back Tessa, I mean, I know we don't talk much, but since you've been back it's been so funny to watch Courtney. She hates you." I laugh as we hang our towels on one of the lounge chairs.

"Ugh, I'm gonna get so sun burnt out here. I'll be right back." I jog inside, looking for sunscreen. I eventually give up asking and walk back out slowly, taking my bun out.

"Here." Matt comes up behind me, reaching over my shoulder to hand me a tube of sunscreen. I stop, turning around and taking the sunscreen sheepishly.

"Thanks." I say, letting my eyes rest on his. 

"I could hear you calling out 'sunscreen' from upstairs." His grin is infectious and I stifle a laugh. I apply my sunscreen as we walk outside, not able to reach my back. I cringe inwardly as I look over at Matt.

"Would you be able to-" I don't finish my sentence before he takes the sunscreen tube from my hand, laughing as I move my hair so he can apply it to my back. His hands make my back tingle immediately, and I shiver slightly. When he's finished, he takes his shirt off before I can apologise, and the words get stuck in my throat.

"Can you put sunscreen on my back now?" He smirks as I open and close my mouth a few times, before settling for a small nod. I lather the sunscreen onto his back, secretly delighted with the situation. God, don't do this to yourself. He was with Courtney, remember? You're not right together..