Chapter 8|| Live Show

New chapter! Not much to say other than I hope you enjoy it, because it's extra long. xx

Happy reading!

~Chapter 8~ 

Tessa's POV

Up until lunch is a breeze, because I decided to lock myself in the caravan and work on some songs instead of socialising. Mostly because I was bombarded with questions and dirty looks from all the other girls, and I needed to finish this song I've been working on. It was at 12 o'clock that Sam knocked on the door and walked in. Now we're sitting in the caravan, looking at each other awkwardly.

"What is it?" I say tiredly. I go to rub my eyes, but quickly put down my hand before I smudge my mascara. 

"What happened with you and Matt?" She wiggles her eyebrows and smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Nothing happened." I say, hoping my eyes don't give anything away. Sam doesn't look amused.

"Oh, come on. You guys were in your own little world when I walked in and the others were gossiping about you two. What were you talking about?" I bite my bottom lip a little, deciding whether I should tell her the truth or not. She seems alright to tell.

"He was just asking me how I'm enjoying the house, probably being flirtatious. That's all." Sam doesn't look to convinced, but she just shrugs her shoulders and drags me outside into the sun. 

"The sun! It's too much!" I say dramatically and Sam laughs, pulling me to the pool. 

"We have the rest of the day free until dinner, then we have a live show, so we might as well enjoy this place while we're here." I look around at the girls laughing in the pool, others sunbaking, lounging around and talking. I see Tia sitting down in the shade, with a cup of what looks like tea. Mmm, tea... Sam and I walk to Tia and sit down next to her. 

"Hey, how 'ya doing?" I say, suddenly in a great mood. I'm barely aware of the cameras surrounding us and intruding on our conversation. Tia smiles.

"Great! And you? Oh, what was that thing with you and Matt this morning? I missed it." She frowns and then sits forward eagerly. I hear the cameras zooming in. I laugh, trying to act chill.

"He was just mumbling on about the house and what I'm looking forward to on the show. Then he was laughing about my coughing accident." I roll my eyes and try to look a little embarrassed. Tia nods understandingly, then takes a sip of her tea. She makes a face and spits it out beside her. So lady-like. She sighs and Sam and I exchange confused looks.

"I put salt in my tea instead of sugar. Salt. In my tea." Sam and I laugh hysterically while Tia scowls. I spend an hour playing soccer with a soccer ball I found hidden in a bush. Sam joins in when she changes her clothes and Tia watches by the pool, claiming it's too hot to do anything. After a while my hair falls out of its bun and I start to get really sweaty. Just as I'm ready to get changed into a bikini and swim, Matt comes outside and walks towards Sam and I. He's wearing board shorts, a plain white cotton t-shirt and some sunnies. 

"Can I join?" He puts his glasses on top of his head and raises his eyebrows. I nod, still puffed from playing. He throws his sunglasses behind him and he kicks the ball away from me.

"Hey!" I yell and we start playing. Very quickly, the rest of the girls walk over, some wanting to play, so we make 2 teams with 5 players each and the other contestants decide they want to cheer-lead. I roll my eyes as they cheer on Matt's team and boo Sam and mine. Most of the girls playing absolutely suck. They kind of sit back and let Matt, Sam and I play. In every possible opportunity, I try to "accidentally" kick Matt, but he seems unaffected. All the girls scream when Matt decides to take off his shirt. Even I can't stop staring, he is seriously ripped. My lack of concentration causes a girl from the opposing team to take the ball from me. I curse silently and Matt looks at me, smirking. I poke my tongue out at him like a 5 year old and continue playing, getting back the ball in the next 30 seconds. Eventually I announce I'm getting in the pool and they continue the game without me. I walk inside, almost forgetting to find a guard to escort me, and look for the clothes I've been allocated until I'm in the house and I can buy my own. I find Tori working on what I'm wearing for the live show tonight and she directs me to the swimwear.