Chapter 1|| Bad Reputation

Hey everyone! Yay! I've finally started Celebrity Bride :D Hope you enjoy this book and if you haven't already, you should check out my first teen fiction "No Good".

Stay with me on this story, it's pretty cliche so don't expect anything to out of the ordinary haha. I got the idea of this story from the book series "The Selection" by Kiera Cass, which by the way is a REALLY good book series so I highly recommend it! 

I'm not very good at making covers for my books, as you can see... So if anyone would like to send me in something they've made so I can put it as my cover, I would love you forever and probably dedicate lots of chapters of my book to you. :3

PS. This story may contain some course language.

Happy Reading xx 

~Chapter 1~

Matt’s POV

“We need to find a way to get rid of your bad publicity. You’re acting like an absolute fool to your fans, the media and everyone else.” I roll my eyes as my manager, Walt, slams today’s newspaper down on the table. The front page features me making out with a stripper from a bar in New York, last Saturday. That was a good night…

“Do you think it is acceptable to behave like this?” Walt glares at me, obviously waiting for an answer I’m not going to give.

“I don’t get paid for this shit. You are supposed to be taking care of your lifestyle, this is your fault. I wonder what your father will say about this.” I look down in my lap as the door slams open, followed by footsteps.

“Mr Peterson, I’m glad you could join us, I know you’re busy at the moment, but this-“

“Yes Walt, I understand.” My dad looms over me, probably giving me his best death glare. I sigh and look up at my dad and Walt, both of them sitting across from me. They never actually ask me how I’m doing, or what I’m up to. They don’t really care. I clear my throat and prepare for my best excuse yet, but my dad stands up and starts talking.

“Son, this is not acceptable. There is no planet on which this would be acceptable. What happened to you? I raised you-Your mother and I raised you better than this.” I flinch at the mention of my mother.

“What do you have to say for yourself Matt?” My dad clears his throat, staring daggers at me. I sigh.

“I was just having fun, okay? That’s all I’m ever doing, because I can. I want to enjoy my life, take everything in the moment. Just loosen up dad, it’s not that big of a deal anyway.” I say that and instantly regret it.

Not a big deal? Your excuses are ridiculous Matt and I’m sick of this bad boy attitude you’re sending out.” The vein in my dad's neck is popping out, he's obviously trying to keep under control. Walt stares down at the paper.

“I think it’s already been developed.” Walt mutters under his breath. My dad paces the room, scratching his chin, obviously in deep thought. He stops walking and checks his watch.

“Walt, I have a meeting to go to in the city. I’m done with his nonsense, so I’m leaving it up to you to sort out how we’ll get some good publicity for Matt.” My dad rushes out of the room, muttering a goodbye to Walt and avoiding me completely. Love you too dad.

“Right, well we better get started then.” Walt looks at me in exhaustion.

“Do you have any ideas Matt?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tessa’s POV

I strum my fingers on my guitar lightly, trying not to disturb the neighbour’s annoying dog like yesterday. I hum to the tune I’m beginning to play on the guitar: Norwegian Wood by The Beatles. God I love The Beatles. I glance at the clock in the corner of my room. 5:30pm. Time to make dinner. So much for some quiet time alone. I walk into the kitchen, washing my hands and getting out some veges for stir fry. As I cut the carrots, I hear the front door creaking open and I listen to my little sister Ruby dropping her bag on the ground. She runs into the kitchen, gives me a hug that almost boulders me over and jumps onto the bench.