xi

"Losing him was blue, like I'd never known
Missing him was dark gray, all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know
Somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Loving him was red"

******

Renjun currently pacing around his living room in the middle of the night. While holding his phone furiously trying to reach his friend.

"Hello?" the voice said from the phone.

"Sung!" he called dejectedly.

"Yeah, hyung. I'm here." Unamused with the older's tone.

"I- I met them."

"Who? You met who?"

"Jeno Jaemin."

"YOU WHAT?! WHAT HYUNG?! THE FUCK?!"Jisung scream.

"Language Jisung! Yeah I met them while I tried to register Shu Fen to his new school." Renjun slide down to his couch while peeking over to his son's room to see if he awake or still asleep.

"Woahh, I can't believe you met them. Where's the place?"

"At Sparkle Sparkle Kindergarten. Jaemin is the headmaster or principal or something."

"Uhhhh, you didn't check my list of kindergarten didn't you." Jisung said, voice a bit taken aback.

Renjun hummed nervously. "I did. Maybe I miss read them or something."

The younger sighed. "Hyung, I don't know what to say except, they didn't know you were in love with Jeno. That's all I can say hyung." He took a deep breath, "So hyung, act normally. Because they don't know. Yet. Unless you want to start confessing. I don't know."

"JISUNG!" the older yelled in whisper.

"Yeah yeah. I'm sorry. But seriously hyung. Just act normal. Nobody will get hurt. You've now long move on from them. I know you're strong hyung. That's why you took Lily noona's son with you. And hyung, don't be scared, we are all here with you hyung."

Renjun throw his head back. Lean over the couch and look at the blank ceiling. Inhale, "I know Sungie. Don't worry about me. I'm no longer the broken hearted boy from 5 years ago. Remember? I've a son now." He chuckled.

"Alright hyung. Anything you say."

"It's late now. Go sleep jisung, thanks for being with me." he smiled.

"Again hyung, anything for you. Talk to you later hyung. Good night."

"Night."

The call ended. He begin to sighed very long, long enough to not notice a several grunt and snores from Shu Fen. He put his hand up, looking every nook and crook of it. How empty his hands and arms are. Everything feels empty. It's a lie if he said he didn't felt lonely, because he is lonely now more than ever. Everyone is married and in relationship. Except him. He wonder, why is it always him?

Making sacrifices, keep on hurting, being buried and forgotten. How sad can his life be? It's a lie if at the first thought of adopting Shu Fen making him even more feel worse. He couldn't handle kids, let alone raise them. But the face of his late sister keep creeping in him making every piece of him guilty enough to let the boy be with him.

At first, it only filled with annoyance and pure ignorance over the boy. But as the boy keep pushing his existence, enough to heal a part of his broken heart with his every soft giggling, cute yet spoil actions, and every love words coming from a mere 3 years old boy at the time. Yeah, he love the boy enough to call him his own son.

But little did he know, meeting both of the men, the reason of him running away making him weak and shattered again. The fragile glass broke into pieces. Yes, he still love Jeno. And he like Jaemin, but only as his best friend. He couldn't bring himself to hate them when he is the one at fault. But who is he kidding to, he's a mere human full of emotions. He couldn't control them. Only it begin grew more and more.

He sighed over himself. How sad can his life be. He look at the clock, almost 6 in the morning. He rushed down to his own bedroom, to get some light sleep.

He should forget everything, everything just for a little while. Until he is ready to face them again. 

For the next week.