i

"Last night I heard my own heart beating
Sounded like footsteps on my stairs"

*****

It wasn't always like this. Renjun swear he never show his emotions on his face, letting people know what's inside. But this time, he can no longer hide it. The pain he feel in his heart is too much to handle. If only he knew that loving someone is this hard, he will never fall in love again.

The study session that supposed to filled with positive energy, now turn sour as Renjun suddenly stood up and walk away from the table. 3 pairs of eyes watching him.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" a whisper like yelling voice from one of the eyes owner.

"I don't know. I'm sorry." Said the other person. Groaning.

"Fuck! Jealousy won't get you anywhere." Said the other person against the two.

"Hyuck stop. And you, Jeno, follow me." one of the three suddenly speak up as he silently watch the back of sad Renjun.

Renjun walk as fast as he can, even though he know no one is catching up with him, busy with flirting with each other perhaps. But he doesn't know a pair of hands will suddenly grasp his wrist softly, trying to stop him.

"Jun? Are you okay?" Donghyuck, his best friend pull him away from others stare in the library.

Renjun look at Donghyuck in the eye. Trying not to let his shitty mouth from running his secrets. "Good. It's nothing." He mumbled.

Donghyuck sighed. That can't possibly mean nothing. He knows that. He wasn't stupid not to notice. But he just let it go, knowing Renjun, it'll take a hell lot of fire to make him spill his thoughts. "Okay then. But- do u want to hang tonight? Just the two of us?"

"I- I have things to do."

"Don't lie to me Jun."

"I can't, I need to do something tonight. But I promise I will make it up after the finals. Meet me at- I'll text you the place and time." For one last time. But he couldn't finish the last words out of his lips. He couldn't to be honest with his best friend and look at his disappointed face over his action.

"Okay, anything you say. Don't bail me out." Donghyuck hug him and walk away to go back to his table that are now no one is waiting.

Renjun bite his lower lips before glancing one last time. He smile bitterly at him and walk to his home alone. 'Guess this is for the best.' He nodded to himself.