vii

"I know people change and these things happen
But I remember how it was back then
Locked up in your arms and our friends are laughing
'Cause nothing like this ever happened to them"

******

It's 9 years since the tearful graduations. And now Renjun, together with Chenle and their late older sister's son are now leading a very good life in Shanghai. Renjun as web developer and Chenle is still in Univerity are happily living together. (In here chenle and Jisung have a huge age gap with Renjun. well, i just feel like it.)

Renjun nephew, Shu fen who is now 4 years old now is big enough to start his kindergarten day. He love him so much because he remind of his sister so much.

"Shu fen. Let's eat. After this we'll go to play, okay?" Renjun smile while caressing the boy cheeks.

He meekly waking up from his sleep. Cheeks still red from the cold of the other nights. He walk to the bathroom lazily. Renjun can only smile.

He walk out from Shu Fen bedroom and see Chenle is struggling with his breakfast. Trying to make stir fried rice early in the morning is never a good attempt. While he video calling his long term boyfriend, Jisung.

"Hey Sungie. Miss me?" He greet the boy only to hear the boy squeled loudly.

He scream on top of his lung that making Chenle shushing him away and threaten to end the call. "Hyung!!! OH MY GOD! I've been dying to see you. And of course I miss you. It's been ages since we met."

"Don't overeact. You came here last week." Renjun rolling his eyes.

"Oh really? I feel like it been years. But anyway, is Shu Fen asleep?"

"Nah, he's awake and ready to eat." He took a lemon and slice it into a thin slice and set it inside of a jar with cold water.

"I see. But man, I miss you guys so much. I wish I can stay a little longer. But my break is only a week. Haishh."

"Dramatic. Come again next time-" Renjun stop and pick the sleepy Shu Fen up and make his face visible on the camera, "Or maybe, we'll come to you."

Chenle drop the spatula in his hand. He look at Renjun questionably. "Ge?"

Renjun shrugged. He heard Jisung screaming again. "Well, I got job to settle there for a year. Can't help it since I'm the only senior web developer in my company."

"HYUNG!! YOU BETTER BE HERE SOON. OR BE SQUARE!" Jisung exclaim once again. Showing how excited he are upon the news.

Both the Chinese burst into laugh. "Since when you pick up Mark's way of speaking. You sound old man." Chenle laughing with his dolphin like voice.

Renjun bring Shu Fen to his seat. Sitting him in the most comfortable way to make him cranking over it. He put on a small bowl and fill it with cereals. And after that he put on a very precious amount of milk since the baby is lactose intolerant. Can't give him too much milk.

"Baobei, will you eat like a good boy you are?" he ask while looking at Shu Fen fondly.

The boy grinning wildly while holding his spoon up. "Yes Baba. I will eat like Mama taught me."

"Good boy." He kiss the boy's forehead.

The morning filled with happiness. Well, it Sunday after all. Of course it a happy day for everyone.

They watched tv while eating breakfast, just play any kind of cartoons that suit Shu Fen taste.

But the silence making Chenle skin's itching. His mouth dying to ask his brother sensitive questions. He keep on fidgeting on his chair making Renjun irritate.

"Spill." He said, with a stern voice but not that loud to make Shu Fen scared.

The younger Chinese sighed. "Are you okay to go back to that place?" finally.

A scoff been let out. Renjun just shrugged. But the action doesn't really answer the question.

"Ge, I'm asking you. Will you be alright?"

All Renjun could answer is, "As long as Shu Fen is here with me. I don't care about anything. I promised our sister that."

"But that doesn't answer the question. Will be alright ge?"

"I will Lele. I will. I won't break down in front of my own child. My Shu Fen need to grow up in a very steady household. Me breaking down will let his childhood go despair."

This time, it Chenle turn to scoff. He find his brother answer ridiculous. "Ge, this thing with Shu Shu is a different thing. Please, if you are not okay, just tell the company. I'm sure they'll understand."

"It's over Lele. My heart for him is over now. The moment he pushed me away, I'm no longer harboring any feelings toward that man. So I'm okay Lele. I can't just say I don't wanna go, I need to provide for both of you. Drop this question or you'll need to stay here."

Chenle gasped. "Am I going too?" he said.

What nonsense he's spouting. "Of course you are silly. But it a month later than us. You need to settle your transfer within a month and I'll send you a ticket to South Korea."

A screech can be heard from the younger as he is far too happy with the sudden news. The thought of reuniting with his long term boyfriend is making him happier. He jump from his sit and rush to hug the life out of Renjun.

While the older is struggling to push away the younger, Shu Fen are already left his seat and make his way to the kitchen to put away his dishes. "Shu Shu, let baba go. Baba cannot breath." He said cutely while trying his best to separate them both.

The pair look at Shu Fen with eyes wide open. And face gone soft and fondly patting the boy. "Awww. Our Shu Fen is worried about Baba? Baby," said Renjun while pushing Chenle away harder and pick Shu Fen to sit on his lap. He caressing the boy hair to back and kiss the boy's cheek repetitively on each sides.

Chenle laugh with the sight in front of him. Then he proceed back to his seat and look at his brother. "Ge, Donghyuck hyung and Jisung are there for you. Including me and Shu Fen. So, if anything, we'll protect you." He said sternly.

"Thank you." Said the older while smiling meekly.