Chapter 5

As the school hours passed, I quickly made my way behind the school to find the owner to the note. Surprisingly it was Ichiro Suzuki, standing there texting someone before sliding the phone into his pocket when seeing me in the corner.

It couldn't be Ichiro, couldn't it, I thought nervously, seeing how he was walking my direction and gave a sunny smile.

"Hey Enyo-chan! You finally came!" Ichiro said, putting a hand on my shoulders and leading me away from the corner.

"You wrote this, but why did you write, By Your Crush," I said hesitantly, looking at his face to see a sly smirk.

"Well you do like me, don't you," He said with what felt like a possessive tone.

"I- I didn't say that!-" I said quickly but I was shut off with a dull look from the sunshine boy.

"I could tell you were looking at me the whole time when we finished playing volleyball," Ichiro said, his hands now slipping down to my shoulder to my hands.

Why is he doing this, can't he see I'm uncomfortable right now, I thought, looking for a way to escape but all the exit were blocked...

Out of nowhere, a volleyball came with full force, smashing in Ichiro's face and sending him in the ground.  The owner of the ball was Kenchini as he ran over to my side.

"Didn't I tell you to not mess with me Ichiro!" Kenchi growled, pulling me close.

"Huh, whatever," Ichiro muttered, having one more glare before leaving the scene.

"Did he hurt you Enyo-Chan-" Kenchini said worriedly but I couldn't hear him, my ears felt like they were blocked with what was like cotton, as tears pouring out with no chance of stopping.

"I- I was so scared, I-," I whispered before being enveloped into a hug, though it wasn't those quick one, it was warm unlike the ones in Africa from my mom as she wasn't the affectionate one in the family.

"Shh, I know, I told you to stay away from him," Kenchini said, tightening the hug until I gave a nod, "From now on you'll have to stay by my side, okay,"

"We're going to my house okay," Kenchini said, already guiding me to a different direction that I've never been before.

"Ah! Stop! I don't want to go there, your father is the Emperor, I don't look presentable enough for that!" I said clearly though it seems like it didn't register through his head.

"You look fine Enyo-Chan," Kenchini said as we arrived to a giant looking Japanese castle with entry of a big stone bridge.

"Woah! That's your home!" I said excitedly, as we passed the guards to enter the big hallway. It was so spacious, having flower decorations all over the walls as if they were real.

Kenchini opened a door for me to see the Emperor sitting down with three cups of tea, already drinking one of them before setting it down to greet us.

"Enyo-Chan! So glad you could join us!" The Emperor said delightfully, sitting back on the cushion and looking as if peace was the world.

"Good afternoon Shio-san," I said politely, bowing down before sitting the opposite way from the Emperor.

Kenchini sat beside me and started drinking the tea set out for both of us before the Emperor started speaking.

"Enyo-Chan, do you know about the Olympics games," Shio asked sweetly.

I nodded quickly, I remember studying about it, all the sportscand the countries too! They looked so amazing!

"Well this year, we are hosting it and my son here, is going to Tokyo with pride to do it," He stated wonderfully, giving a side look to his son.

"He wanted some company, you see, so that's why he made me ask if you could join him to the Olympics,"

In that moment, an exaggerated cough came from beside me as there was a little whisper from what sounded like 'dad! I told you not to say that!'.

"Kenchini! Is that why you were avoiding me for, because you wanted to ask me to come with you for the Olympics," I asked, laughing at Kenchini's embarrassed face.

Your mother would be proud of you, Kenchini...