Chapter 17

"It's said that there lives a spirit inside the sword, not just a normal spirit but a dragon one, it not only gives you strength in battle but comes with a side effect, it takes over your whole body...."

I was shocked by the information I just got from the Emperor. Looking at Kenchini who looked like the most peaceful person in the world had a demon spirit behind his back and he didn't even know.

"Why haven't you tried destroying it-" I questioned before quickly stopping when seeing the Emperor's face go to shock and then going to a distressed look.

"We've tried, many times, but nothing has worked," The Emperor said, giving a tired sigh.

"But what about your father, he was the Emperor once, how did he die," I asked but quickly shut my mouth. I'm being too nosy again.

"It's alright, he didn't die by the swords hands but just of old age," Shio-san said happily, giving a smile.

"But then why-!"

"Because of love, the ancestors never had the feeling of love so the hatred to others was the key to destroying their minds,"

"The ancestors were never related but chosen in their generations as the strongest, it was only until my father fell in love with my mother and had me, though the consequences were severe,"

"What were the consequences," I whispered, not really wanting to know what came next.

"The wife had to be killed after giving birth and it was a girl first, they would have kill the baby until it was a boy, fortunately I had changed the rules,"

"The rules were if you get consent from both parents, everything was good and your child would be the heir,"

I didn't know the Japanese had it this hard, I don't know why but I feel so scared.

"Enyo-Chan, you know Kenchini likes you and now that thing is trying to get him, you're his only hope," The Emperor said seriously and I quickly nodded as I had to say goodbye because Kenchini was calling me over.

"What were you and Father talking about," Kenchini asked but I quickly changed the subject...

\\♤♡ • ♧☆\\

"Son, Enyo-Chan, I have been thinking you two should have a vacation," The Emperor declared and both me and Kenchini gave a confused look.

"Our alliance with South Korea is strong but I want the next generation to be stronger, so that's why I'm sending you two there for a while, to get to know the future heir,"

The fresh air from the neighbourhood was pure as I passed through the quiet area of Kyoto in the morning. Saying farewell to Sakura, I decided to adventure around places I haven't seen before.

"Stranger-sama!" Suddenly a little child ran up to me and tugged on my shirt, he had a scar across one of his eye and it made him look older than he actually was. I bend down and looked at the child in the eyes.

"D- Do you have any food, me and my friends haven't had food for days," The boy whispered shakily as more children came from the shadows. Without even thinking, I opened my bag and took out my lunch, making the children slowly walk over.

"If I give this food, will you tell me why your out here and starving," I said softly and they all agreed quickly, sitting down in a bench, I separated the food equally and they started to eat instantly.

"Our parents were killed by three men that have your skin colour, the police hadn't done anything about it and now we are forced to live outside in the streets," The boy said, tears slowly dropping from his eyes as he eat the rice balls.

I patted his head as he quickly cleaned the tears away though more was coming fast. Soon everyone was crying, except one of the girls, who was about ten years old.

"Yeah, you, come here," I called out loudly that the girl jumped with fear. I knew it, she is just like younger me.

Slowly she walked over to where I was with her head facing down. Quickly, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

After some seconds of silence, the other kids started laughing and I looked at them confused.

"This is the first time She-hi let everyone touch her, let alone hug her," One of the boys said cheerfully while She-hi was bright red with embarrassed....