28.

Meredith was cleaning, which is what you did when you had a house and were a grown up , but today there was heavy cleaning. She had cleaned the inside of all her windows, swept the front porch, dusted every table and even cleaned out the microwave and now she just wanted to get done, except there was a lot to do. So cleaning, today was the day she dedicated to it and Derek would be here soon to help. Her hair was a mess, pulled up in a pony tail with pieces hanging down as she folded one of the many piles of laundry on her bed. She just wanted him to get here because cleaning alone all day with the fumes had to be enough to make someone go insane. Lexie was out at the library and she was just cleaning. So alone sucked, Derek being there would at least give her someone to talk to while she went through cleaning hell.

She wasn't sure she had ever cleaned this much in her life. But after making a list when she first woke up, she found numerous things to clean. All of the bedding, all of the curtains and throws, had been done in the laundry along with every clothing item she thought she owned. He was due to come over soon, so that was good. She was afraid to admit that she wasn't only glad he was coming over for the help, but for the idea that she'd realized she might just miss him being around. Derek was easy to be around, because for the first time, she was really attracted to him. She didn't want to be one of those girls, but she was. She missed him while he was at work and they weren't together. She was cleaning all day and while she dusted tables and vacuumed couch cushions, she missed him.

"Hey you." Derek smiled, standing in the doorway as he found Meredith in her room folding laundry.

"Hey." She smiled, as she held a blue sweater in her hands, quickly returning to folding. "You wore scrubs."

"I showered and put on clean ones." He laughed, walking into the room.

"Ohh...." Meredith replied, sorting through the pile.

"I brought yours too." Derek said, handing her a pair that he was holding behind his back.

"You brought me scrubs." She breathed, looking back to the laundry as she picked up a pair of jeans. "Thanks."

"I had to sneak them out of the hospital."

"Seriously?"

"Well...not really, but they probably wouldn't have liked that I was taking them." He laughed.

"Probably not." Meredith giggled, starting a new stack of clothes.

"I have a pair or mine in my car but I forgot to bring them in."

"That's okay."

"How's the cleaning going?" Derek asked, looking around at all the laundry.

"It's...going."

"Do you want some help?"

"Do you want to help?" She asked as he stepped behind her.

"Depends on what I'm helping with." He whispered in her ear.

"Oh." She giggled, her hands holding on to a dish towel.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, covering her hands with his.

"Laundry?" She giggled.

"Is there more in the washer or the dryer or is this it?"

"This is it." She breathed.

"Okay, I'll help you fold." He kissed her head and then moved next to her and started folding.

"You're wearing scrubs."

"Yeah." Derek nodded, adding a shirt to the pile.

"I like them." Meredith reminded him, pushing a pile to the side and placing another basket on the bed.