38.

It was awkward, for some strange reason they'd been completely silent since they had left Mark and Addison's. Maybe it was the fact that they'd been exchanging warm looks the whole ride or the avoiding. She knew she wanted to avoid talking about most of the things that had come up at dinner. Now, they were on his land, after pulling away from the only main road near his land. She kept looking out the window as he drove through the narrow path, lightly squeezing her hand randomly.

"Here we are." Derek sighed, turning the car off as he pulled up next to the trailer.

"We're here." She sighed.

"Yeah." Derek nodded, getting out of the car and walking around to her side to open her door.

"I never thought I could be so happy to get home." She laughed, stepping out of the car and reaching for her purse.

"That was...interesting." Derek shook his head, giving her a light kiss as he helped her out of the car.

"It really was." She smiled.

"I thought Mark was going to faint."

"I thought Addison was going to kill him at times." She replied, tossing her cell phone into her purse as they stood outside the car.

"Maybe." Derek laughed, putting his hands on Meredith's hips and pulling her close to him.

"And they barely left us alone."

"I know."

"I wonder how Mark is doing." Meredith giggled as he leaned her against the car and her hands moved around his neck.

"I don't care." Derek laughed.

"You don't?"

"Not right now."

"Neither do I."

"Good." Derek breathed, kissing her.

"Oh...." She breathed as the kiss deepened.

"Let's go inside." He whispered.

"Inside?" She whispered, her hands sliding down to his chest, then under the shoulders of his jacket.

"Definitely."

"Inside."

"Next time...Addison and Mark come here." Derek murmured, as he walked backwards and almost tripped on the stairs up to the small porch.

"Or maybe they stay home...and we stay here." She replied, pushing his jacket to the side.

"I think I like that." He laughed, as the door hit him.

"Me too." She murmured, kissing him hard as she turned around, pressing her back against the door as he pushed her purse out of her hands.

"We're never going to get inside." Derek laughed breathlessly, finally getting them inside the door.

"We're in." She replied, moving to pull his shirt over his head.

"Finally." He breathed, pushing his hands up her shirt.

"I like being alone with you." She murmured as he pressed her against the side of the trailer. She moved her hands to his jeans, fumbling with teh button.

"Me too." Derek whispered, helping her with his jeans.

"Thank God." She exclaimed, sliding her hands in to his pants and clutching his ass.

"Mer..." He gasped, finally getting her shirt off.

"What?" She nipped at his lip, pushing his pants past his waist.