24.

The first place Derek went after he got off of work was Meredith's off. She had been more than annoyed when he left her house, whether it was about him not wanting to have sex with her or having to wake her up at six-thirty in the morning. Either way, he wanted to fix it because the night before they had gotten to a good point in their pseudo relationship and he wanted to get back to that.

"Oh." She breathed after opening the front door of her house, finding him right there on her porch.

"I brought a peace offering." He said, handing her a carton of ice cream. "Addison told me you liked strawberry."

"She did?" Meredith frowned, her hand lightly lifting the ice cream from his hand.

"Yeah." Derek smiled softly. "

"Oh...."

"Can I come in so we can talk?" He whispered.

"I um...." Meredith took a deep breath as she looked inside the house before opening the door for him to come in.

"Thanks."

"You brought me ice cream."

"I did. And I wanted to say I'm sorry for this morning."

"You...you're sorry?" She asked, looking down at the carton, before walking towards the kitchen.

"Yeah. I..believe me, I'd love to...have sex with you."

"What?" Meredith looked up, thrown off by his upfront statement. "You...want sex?"

"No. Not right now." He laughed. "This morning...you tried and I...and then you left."

"Oh I wanted it....but then you told me to call someone that...I don't want to call him and....it's nothing...you should go."

"No, I wanted to explain why I did what I did."

"Fine." She turned around after placing the ice cream into the freezer.

"I want you to trust me, Mer. And sex...that's...I mean I know we had sex in the airport but...it's special and before we do...I want you to trust me."

"Trust you?"

"Yeah."

"But I don't do relationships." Meredith placed a hand on her hip as her voice softened. "Everything I told you last night was because...I don't do relationships..."

"I know that. You can trust me without us being in a relationship."

"And then you told me to go call someone I don't want to call so that you wouldn't have sex with me?"

"It's not that I didn't want to have sex with you. I want...I know we're not in a relationship, but I want you to trust me and feel safe with me first. I wasn't trying to boss you around or make you do something it was just the first thing that came to my mind and I'm sorry."

"Okay." She shrugged, walking out of the kitchen, leaving him there.

Derek sighed, taking a deep breath and following her into the living room, "I missed you while I was at work."

"You what?" Meredith frowned, turning around.

"I missed you."

"Oh."

"Last night...was...Thank you for coming over."

"You're welcome...." Meredith crossed her arms, jumping as she heard a large rumble from upstairs, the sound of something hitting the ground. "I um...it was nice."