9.

Idiot, she was a complete idiot. She had led Derek on when she knew she couldn't follow through. She didn't date and they had rules, that had to last until today. He kept eying her now as they attended the post wedding brunch and all she wanted to do was hear knew that her cab had arrived so that she could haul ass out of here. She had started their little situation at the beach and now karma was setting in because she'd been left with a huge hickey on the side of her neck. Ass. And now he was walking over here, so she needed to go.

"Hi....Good morning, Meredith..." Derek smiled, stepping in front of her.

"I um...I have to go." She turned around quickly.

"Meredith...Stop." Derek put his hand on her shoulder before she out of his reach.

"I have to go." Meredith swallowed. "I left my stove on."

"You're room has a stove?" Derek laughed. "I say we have this party up there.

"I meant my blow dryer...yeah." Meredith moved past him.

"Mer...Can we talk for a second?" Derek looked around before pulling her out into the hall.

"I'm actually kind of busy."

"Doing what?"

"A lot of things actually." Meredith scratched her head.

"You don't even have five minutes to talk to me?" Derek laughed.

"Well...."

"Meredith...please."

"Um."

"Five minutes. That's it."

"Fine..." Meredith frowned. "Make it fast."

"Okay...About last night..." Derek started.

"Oh look times up." Meredith replied, looking at her bare wrist.

"Meredith..." Derek laughed. "Let me finish.

"What?"

"I just want you to know...I didn't come out there to do...that. I wanted to make sure you were okay and then...you...you know...and I...The point is, I didn't come out there to do that."

"Me either."

"But you...me....and then I...." Derek stuttered, just trying to continue the conversation.

"It's over...we don't have to talk."

"Fine. That's all I wanted to say. I didn't want you to think I'm some kind of...stalker."

"No...I don't think you're a...that was my fault out there but...won't happen again." Meredith nodded quickly.

"Right. Okay." Derek nodded back.

"So um....we should...." Meredith pushed her hair away instinctively, revealing her neck. "So I should...I can go and..."

"Did I do that?" Derek laughed, pointing to her neck.

"Oh um...yeah."

"Sorry." He said, continuing to laugh.

"Do you know how hard it is to hide something like this?" Meredith frowned. "Not very easy."

"Concealer?"

"Not as well as I would have liked." Meredith ran a hand over it.

"Yeah...Well...Sorry about that." Derek smirked.