Chapter 23

We stood still as a rock, the curtain behind us blowing back and forth. Our eyes felt heavy in our sockets. They begged to close, they begged rest, they begged...comfort, happiness, peace. But we couldn't have it. Not now. We needed this. Whatever it was. It was drawing us towards itself, begging us to come closer. It had what we wanted and we wanted it then. The lust between it and us was worse than one of sexual tension-it was intense, it was frustrating, it was a challenge.

We looked directly at the body lying on the bed, a room similar to mine. His dark skin hid behind the shadows the room had, his body laying on the bed like a corpse. Every breath he took in only accelerated my need. We wanted him to say it. To show that he is aware of us. To grant us entrance. All he had to do was...

His lips parted, his sleeping body listening to my begging hums. Constraint fell over us as we resisted taking him right then and there.

"Billie."

Our lips rose and a grin splayed across them. He was mine.

***

"Man, is she dead?" I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

"Hope not, I kinda like her." Another came, an English accent oozing out of the tongue of what I recognize to be that of a male.

"Viv, try shaking her." I heard a female voice say.

"I say we pour water on this bitch." What sounds like a New Yorken accent enlightens my ears.

Groaning, I try to open my heavy eyes. When the weight deflated ever so lightly, I open my eyes and the first thing I spot is 4 heads peeking down at me; 2 girls and 2 guys. One of the girls shows concern while the other is smirking down at me. Both of the guys spare me nothing but a poker glance.

"Wh-" I groan again as I try to sit up, my chest burning, head pounding and my body aching. "What happened? And..." I looked at the unfamiliar faces. "...who the fuck are you all?" I ask, my voice recovering into one I fail to recognize, but it slides out of my mouth so smoothly that I don't correct it.

"Shit. You don't remember?" asked a boy with dark hair and even darker eyes, and I immediately recognize the English accent as the one I heard earlier.

"Yes. I fucking remember. That's why I asked what happened." I reply sarcastically. Again, I fail to recognize my own voice. It's like I no longer think before I speak or I'm not thinking for myself anymore...

"Watch your fucking attitude, cunt." I hear the New Yorken accent and turn to a girl with a bushy afro and full, well shaped lips. Her dark eyes glare at me with warning.

The girl with brown hair next to her speaks; "I'm Vanessa. Remember? We met at the hair salon where you got your hair dyed. After that-"

"I what?" I asked in shock, my eyes widening.

"Your hair. You...Jeez! So you seriously don't remember a thing?" Vanessa asked, raising her hands and letting them drop to her thighs.

I simply stare at her without answering.

"I'll tell you what happened." says another male voice. "I'm Vivian, by the way. Your new boyfriend." He holds his hand out for me to shake. His red hair steals my attention, his eyes glistening a reddish brown.