Oliver (3)

Oliver's POV

I can't concentrate on Chemistry. What the hell happened this morning? Everything was normal until I saw that girl. I am guessing she is the daughter of the healer.

Your Mate. My wolf remains me and I frown. Your not supposed to find out your mate until you're over 18, I have a couple more months to go before that. Secondly she's human. I have never heard of a human mate before. I will have to ask my grandfather about this. My Dad would flip at the idea, and my mum can't keep a secret from him because of the mind link connection

"Yo, Ollie what's up?" Zach nudges me with his elbow and I look up from staring at the marble lab desks here in the Chemistry room. I zoned out anyways because my teacher was talking about the Periodic table.

"Nothing, just tired." I say groggily.

"Yeah, heard you had to get up early about the new boarders crap."

Zach my cousin, he's in line to be a new leader of the pack. He is as tall as me but we look different enough, he has brown hair. Trent is in line to me my beta. They all hear about things through their fathers.

"Crap indeed." I groan, I really am not in a mood for talking.

"Cassy said she's with the new chic, ditched Trent as a lab partner for her. Where going to here about it at lunch." Zach informs glancing down at his phone. My ears perk up at this.

"Yeah, say anything else about her." I ask, trying to play it cool, losing the curiosity in my voice that I am feeling.

"Nope, will see her around I suppose if she's going a be part of the pack though, odd that's she's human. Her mums like us." Zach questions. I just shrug. I guess it is strange but I try and force this girl out of my head. But all I see are those dark orbs as eyes. I get lost in them.

.-.--...-..-.-.-.-.--.

I get to Modern History early. Sitting at the back not really wanting or feel like learning anything new today. Other people scurry in laughing and chatting. Poppy comes in with her friend Zoe, they both eye me with smiles as the come to sit close to me.

"Hey Ollie, your sister didn't look that good in Physics, is she okay?" Poppy asks, worry in her voice, I wish it sounded more genuine.

"Yeah she's fine, just early start for her this morning." I say and Poppy smiles.

"That's good to know, I'll see you at lunch or something?

"Sure" and with that she turns back to her friend on the table next to her. I don't bother listening in because it's probably about make up, or Trent and I already heard enough about that this morning.

I am about to check my phone before a scent catches me off guard. Its almost bitter sweet, like lemon and lime bitters. With a mix or something floral and warming. I lift my head of to see walk in none other then the girl I ran into today.

I watch her and she looks up and our eyes meet, she gets a bit flush from looking at me and tucks her hair behind her ear and has no choice but to sit in the second last row nearest to the window. Which means for me at the back , I have a perfect view of her

She leans her elbows on the desk, resting her cheek on one hand when through her long hair takes a peek at me. She catches me starring so she quickly turns her attention back to the front.

I guess acting like a totem pole this morning wasn't a good impression. She looks freaked out by me. If Trent didn't come around the corner and snap his fingers in front of my face, god knows how long I would have been stuck in that trance.