Chapter 1~ 14 Years Earlier

10:08 PM.

I was sat on the floor rolling a little red ball between me and my best mate Harry when there was a knock on the door. At the time my sister had only been missing for a week. Dad opened the door with mum stood close behind him, her hands holding onto his arm.

“Good evening Detective,” Dad said as he invited the strange looking man in.

My mum sent Harry and I up to my room. But since we were so curious we snuck out onto the landing and looked down in between the posts after mums footsteps disappeared. We sat there looking down at them as the detective spoke.

“I’m sorry to inform you but we found your daughter, Skylar,” the detective stopped as if to take in my parents’ reaction. Skylar was my older sister, only by a year but I had always looked up to her, even though I was only 5 at the time. “She was found in the lake, behind your flat.”

By then mum was sobbing into Dad’s shoulder. Harry got up and took my hand; I think he knew what the detective had just told my parents, I on the other hand was a little confused still. Harry led me back to my room and slowly shut the door, making sure it didn’t make a noise as it shut. 

Harry ran to my bed and turned the telly on; he then jumped on my bed and kept jumping up and down.

“Harry!” I squealed as he pulled me onto my bed, he kept holding my hands as he made me jump up and down with him. “We’re going to get in trouble!” It was obvious he was trying to distract me but at the time I couldn’t tell.

“Relax Shiloh! If we get in trouble I’ll say it was my idea!” For a 5 year old, Harry was brilliant.

I giggled. Harry was the nicest person I had known. We kept jumping and laughing until we heard a knock on the door.

Mum walked in the door and looked at us. We stopped jumping and sat down fast. My mum shook her head. “It’s bedtime you guys.”

Harry and I lay back in the bed. Mum tucked us in then went to bed herself, her eyes were red.

-The Next Day-

   9:35 AM.

Harry and I were sat at the kitchen table when Dad brought in that strange looking detective man from last night. Dad immediately sent us outside. We NEVER heard a word that was said after that.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So what do you guys think?!?! It gets exciting in a couple more parts! Trust me! I read it to my 8 year old nephew and he was begging me for more!!!!!