Chapter 43

*Lucy POV*

After Jason was taken away by the police, Alicia refused to let anything else ruin her day. I was so proud of her and how far she had come. She had overcome her fear of Jason and that kick in the nuts she gave him really was the icing on top of the demolished cake. Luke laughed at the state Calum was in after the scuffle among the wedding cake, teasing him by swiping his finger across his face where some icing was still placed. Calum just shook his head in the end and pulled Luke into him for a loving kiss. There was so much love going around on this semi ruined day, even though the newly Mrs Clifford refused to deem it as ruined, never mind semi ruined. Michael pulled Alicia off the dancefloor to sit with me, Ashton and Ashleigh, who was wriggling around in Ashton's lap, gurgling and cooing to herself as she pulled on her dads hair. I smiled at my boyfriend and our daughter as Ashton placed a kiss on her forehead when she pulled him down to him. That kid had alot of strength for a 5 month old. The party was starting to dispatch as a few couples went home but Alicia and Michael would be leaving in a couple of hours for their honeymoon. Michael reached out and Ashleigh wrapped one of her hands around his long fingers.

"Can I dance with her?" Michael asked me and I gladly let him. He picked Ashleigh up from Ashton's lap and took her over to the dancefloor where he swayed with her in his arms. It was an adorable sight and I watched as Alicia beamed, watching the two of them dance. Ashton had moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist so I took the oppurtunity to lay my head back on his shoulder. Alicia sighed with contentment beside me and began absentmindedly playing the with skirts of her dress.

"How are you, bae?" I asked and she brought her eyes up to look at me, they were filled with happiness, the real kind that wasn't limited down to anything. It was a great sight to see.

"I'm.." She trailed off, weighing her words before she continued. "Happy" She said, a grin that reached her ears stretching across her face. Michael walked back over then, passing Ashleigh back to Ashton who wrapped his arms around her naturally because that was were she fit, where she belonged. She took on look at Ashton and let out something we were both not ready for.

"Da-da!" Ashton looked and me and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Lucy! She said da-da! I can't believe this! She's growing up so fast!" He picked her up and spun her around as she shrieked with delight. Ashton was right, everything was changing. Me and Ashton were parents, Alicia and Michael were married, Luke and Calum were moving forward in their relationship by being more public about it. This year had brought along so many big moments and the best part was, we were all together to witness and enjoy them together.

Michael plopped back down beside Alicia, putting his arm around her shoulder. More people came over to congratulation the newly weds properly so I took Ashleigh back from Ashton and sat her in my lap.

"Hey baby, can you say ma-ma?" I cooed and tried to coax the words out of her but she just gurlgled to herself. I sighed and looked over at Ash who was looking at me smugly.

"Don't looked so smug, Ashton" I sighed and hugged my daughter close to me.

"Hey, she's my baby too." He whined and I giggled, knowing I was making him jealous. He pressed his lips to mine softly.

"Baby, we haven't had the chance to dance yet." He said and I realized we hadn't. I rose from my seat and walked over to where Luke and Calum were dancing.

"Lukey, can you watch Ashleigh for me for a bit? Ashton wants to dance" I told him and he nodded. Calum went to hug her but I stopped him.

"Please don't smother my daughter in cake. No pun intended" I winked at him and walked back over to Ashton, holding up the front of my dress so I wouldn't step on it and tear it. We danced for a while until Luke walked back over, Ashleigh was now asleep in his arms, snoring lightly. It was pretty late and one look at the time told me it was time for Michael and Alicia to leave and make their way to the airport. Alicia had gone to get changed out of her dress, I was looking after her dress until she returned to take it home. When they returned, she was wearing a red dress that felt just below her knees and her hair fell in blue waves down her back. Michael was wearing his usual skinny jeans and band tee combo. Alicia rushed over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Oh Lucy! I'm going to miss you so much whilst I'm gone. Thankyou for everything you've done for me. You really are the worlds greatest friend and I couldn't ask for anyone better. I love you so much!" She suqealed, I could hear she was close to tears. I reutned her hug with as much force as I could manage, letting my tears cascade down my cheeks. I saw Michael stood behind Alicia, saying goodbye to the boys, hugging each of them. Ashton he had to hug akwardly because he was holding our snoozing child. When he was done with them, he walked over to me. I pulled away from Alicia so she could go see the boys and Ashleigh before she left. I reached out my arms and he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thankyou Lucy" he whispered in my ear.

"Thank me for what?" I asked him.

"Thankyou for being like a sister to me, thankyou for introducing me to Alicia, thankyou for letting me date her and thankyou for letting me marry her" He said and I felt a smile tug its way onto my face.

"Of course. But just remember, that cheesegrater is always waiting if you fuck up" I teased and he pulled back in mock horror. I laughed at his expression and embraced him one last time before everyone made their way outside to bid the newly weds goodbye. Everyone was lined up outside the venue when the car pulled up. It had the clique "Just Married" banner on the back with the tincans trailing behind it. Alicia and Michael emerged hand in hand and were bombarded with another bout of confetti. After saying a last goodbye to everyone for a month whilst they honeymooned, plenty of tears from me and Alicia, they got into car and drove off, Alicia opened the roof hatch and stood out of it, waving as her figure receded into nothing but a small dot in the distance. Everyone began to file back inside to leave or collect belongings. Ashton had gone back inside to get our things and then bring the car round to take us home. When he appeared, I skipped down the stairs and carefully placed Ashleigh in the carseat, snoring away.

"What a year huh?" Ashton said as we drove away. "Any words to sum it up?" He asked me and I giggled.

"Yeah. How about Hairdye & Emotion?" I grinned.

A/N

HEY GUYS! THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF HAIRDYE AND EMOTION. IVE DECIDED TO WRITE A SEQUEL AFTER I'VE FINISHED THE NEXT FANFIC IM WORKING ON. IT WILL BE A LUKE ONE. I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS BECAUSE I THOUROUGHLY ENJOYED WRITING IT! ILY <3<3<3