Chapter 40

*Alicia POV*

I was upset I couldn't see Mikey before the wedding but hey, I wasn't one to break tradition. Lucy pulled me down the stairs and into the kitchen where I saw the flour out on the counter. Lucy placed Ashleigh in her hi-chair and placed the flour back in its place in the cupboard, muttering under her breath.

"Why was the flour out?" I asked, turning on Mr Coffe Machine and pouring myself a cup.

"The idiots flour bombed your almost husband whilts he was sleeping. ALL OVER MY GOD DAMN FUCKING CARPET. I made them clean it up and then kicked them out to go to Ashton's mums. Daryle is bringing Georgia and Lauren here and then everyone else is meeting at Anne's to get ready and go to the church apart from Darly. He's driving us there in his yellow hummer." Lucy passed me a plate of scones, cream and berries which I gladly began to chow down on. We finished eating and there was a knock at the door. I took a seat in front of Ashleigh and started playing with her whilst Lucy walked to answer the door. The sound of squealing filled the house and soon Georgia ran in with Lauren and Lucy waltzing in behind her. Lauren ran over to greet Ashleigh whilst I hugged Georgia. I had missed her. We hadn't been very close but we were close enough that I had missed her. She returned the hug with as much force as I had first implied.

"Oh my god Alicia! I've missed you! I can't believe your getting married!" She squealed and I grinned but the mood automatically changed when Georgia's smile dropped from her face. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she cleared her throat quickly before meeting my eyes. 

"Erh.. i have a message from your parents..." She trailed off and Lucy quickly jumped in. 

"No no no. No negativity for the bride please!" Georgia spun around and shook her head.

"No, it;s not negative. They just told me to tell you congratulations and they are a little hurt you never told them you were getting married but they understand why. They told me to give you this. And Lucy, your mum said congratualtions on having a baby and wants you to have this" She handed me and Lucy a gift bag and our eyes met from across the kitchen. My curiosity got the better of me and I looked inside to see a black box. I pulled it out and opened it. Inside lay the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It was silver with a simple heart charm set with silver plates and encrusted diamonds. I felt my mouth drop open. It was beautuful and it was my mothers. She had worn it on her wedding day. Lucy gasped and I looked up to see her pulling a blanket out of the bag.

"It's the blanket I had when I was a baby" She smiled smally, shoving the blanket back into the back and coming to fasten the necklace around my neck. The door sounded again and this time I answered it to reveal the makeup and hair stylists and the man from the flower shop, the bouquets in hand. 

"I assume your the bride?" the makeup artist smiled at me and I nodded. I let her through into the living room and took the bouquets from the man and he left again. Lucy had brought Lauren, Ashleigh and Georgia through into the living room where the makeupand hair stylists were. Lauren was holding Ashleigh who was looking around in wonder at what was going on.

*two hours later*

I stood in front of Lucy's full body mirror, smoothing down the front of my dress for what seemed like the 1000th time. Lucy was just finishing dressing Ashleigh and Lauren and Georgia were stood with me, both of them telling me I looked beautiful. Lucy burst through her bedroom door in her maid of honours dress then, it was the same as the bridesmaid's dress, same blue colour but with more jewels placed across the bodice. I took one look at Ashleigh and automatically smiled. SHE LOOKS FUCKING ADORABLE! She was dressed in a dress the same shade of blue as the dresses the girls were wearing, her hair was in tiny pigtails.