Chapter 38

*Alicia POV*

My breathing hitched in my throat and I almost dropped the phone. Lucy gave me a strange look, asking me with her eyes what was wrong. I faintly heard the officer calling my name on the other end of the line.

"Miss Livesey? Hello? I cleared my throat and willed myself to answer him and prayed my voice didn't crack and show just how weak I was really feeling.

"Y-yes I'm here..." I looked down at the floor as my eyes had begun to water. He was out there, probably looking for me. He could hurt anyone I love just because he couldn't have me. I knew that my life finally getting on track was too good to be true.

"We've had multiple sightings of a man that perfectly fits the profile for Jason. Don't worry, Miss Livesey. We won't let him get to you. I'll be in touch to keep you updated. And good luck on the big day." I quickly thanked him and hung up the phone. Lucy placed herself in front of me, banishing the food she was preparing on the stove and looked and looked at me dead in the eyes, all joking and fun gone from her eyes. They were vacant orbs of seriousness staying back at me and I could see my own panicked reflection in them. I felt my eyes watering again and this time I couldn't blink away to inevitable tears that were threatening to fall at any given moment. I just gave up trying to hold them back and let them cascade down my face which had probably paled like it usually did when I was shocked or scared. I felt arms automatically engulf me as I broke down into a tirant of tears.

"MICHAEL GORDON CLIFFORD. GET YOUR MULTICOLOURED ASS IN HERE NOW!" Lucy screamd and I couldn't even laugh at her sassy comment towards Michael. He appeared not more than 5 seconds later, smiling in the doorway, but that beautiful smile which I was so lucky to see every single morning when I wake up was wiped from his face when he saw the state I was in. He flew to my side and his arms replaced Lucy's around my currently frail body. Lucy removed the food from the stove and turned off the heat before she pulled out chairs from the island in the middle of the kitchen. I was led to sit down in them. Lucy was about to sit down when Ashleigh started crying from upstairs, the baby monitor transmitting the noise through it's speakers. Lucy's stormy expression cleared slightly at the sound of her daughter's cry and she walked out to the living room where I heard her tell Ashton, Luke and Calum to talk to me and finish making dinner.

"Baby? Tell me whayt's wrong?" I sniffled and wiped my eyes and nose on the end of my sleeve before dragging my heavy eyes up to meet Michaels. I opened my mouth to answer but other voices cut me off.

"Alicia!" Luke and Calum shouted in unison, rushing to my side. Ashton wandered in after that with a look of confusion on his face. He took one look and me and an expression that lightly mirrored Lucy's stormy one from before appeared on his usually genuine and happy face.

"All right, who am I openning a can of Smash Pain on?" He placed his hand on my head and ruffled my hair, making me smile slightly. Up close I could see how tired he really was. There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair seemed flatter than usual. Being a parent was really taking it out of them both. 4 pairs of quizical eyes were placed on me, waiting for me to answer their question on why, who or what had brought on this bout of hysteria.

"It's Jason. He's escaped his holding facility. He's on the lose. I just had a call from the station. He's going to be looking for me!" The tears were returning but I was better at holding them back this time. Michael's face became paler than it already was which I thought was beyond impossible. he looked translucent as if he was a ghost and his apparition was disappearing. The light behind his eyes seemed to dim and his lips pressed into a tight line. He pulled me back into his chest.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. Do you want to cancel the wedding?" He asked me and I knew this was the last thing we wanted to do.

"No. No cancelled weddings, no putting lives on hold because of this dick" Lucy had walked back into the kitchen, Ashleigh snoring lightly in her arms. Her face was solid and portrayed no emotion.

"This little fucker had ruined too much of our past and I refuse to let him ruin the biggest day of your life, Alicia. This is going to sound cruel but I love you and this needs to be said. You can't be afraid of him forever. The longer you're afraid of him, the longer he will have a hold over you and your life. You deserve the absolute best in life and I will make sure you get it, no matter how many hoes, bitches and DICKS I have to shred down with my cheese grater" I suddenly felt stronger than I had before, like Lucy's speech had ignited a diminished flame within me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, composing myself.

"You're right. No, we aren't cancelling the wedding. Michael I need to move forward with my life, move forward with you. I need to let the past go and build the most amazing future with you. I love you Michael Gordan Clifford and I can't wait to be Mrs Clifford. I'm not letting anyone take that away from me." I smiled at the people surrrouding me. It was true, I can't change the past but I can learn from it. My fear belongs to dwell in the past and I was going to leave it there to bite my dust. It's time to move forward to the more important things. Like marrying Michael in a months time.

A/N

HERES YOUR UPDATE GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! I KNOW IT'S LATE (UK TIME) BUT I WAS HAVING A REVISION SESSION AND DIDN'T GET HOME WHILST 9PM. IM TRYING ON PROM DRESSES TOMORROW!! xDxDxD. I WILL PROBABLY, HOPEFULLY UPDATE MORE THAN ONCE BECAUSE IT'S SATURDAY! ILY AND ILL SEE YOU SOON <3<3<3