Chapter 36

*Lucy POV*

Being a mum is hard. There is no other way about it. Ashleigh was 2 months old now and I was exhausted. This was the most tired I had felt in the whole 19 years of my life. Ashton seemed to have more energy than me or he was hiding his fatigue better than I was. But hey, drummers do it harder aye. Alicia and Michael moved in together now they were engaged. Michael sold his place and moved in up the street with Alicia so we were all relatively close now with Calum and Luke living just a few blocks away. I wanted to start planning the wedding with Alicia but she knew how tiring being a new mum was for me so she was dallying around the subject or just missing it completely. It was like she was nervous but who could blame her. Getting married was a big step and I would be nervous too. I'd called her over this afternoon to at least start or add to the planning she had already done. Ashton was taking Ashleigh round to his mums for the afternoon and she was staying there for a couple of days so we could have a break and I was more than grateful for it. I unplugged my phone from the charger and sat myself down on the sofa with Ashleigh gurgling away to herself on my lap.

"Hello baby, aren't you getting such a big girl now!" I kissed her cheek and held her close. I love her so much, she's just amazing. Even though being tired was a downer, I wouldn't stop being a mum for the world. Ashleigh reached up and placed her hand over my nose and I kissed her soft small hands. I needed to ge her ready to go so I grabbed her booties and slipped them onto her feet.

"You gotta be a good girl for Grandma Anne, Uncle Harry and Auntie Lauren, okay baby girl?" I cooed when I had fully dressed her. Ashton came down the stairs with her bag over his shoulder.

"Is she ready to go baby?" He asked me, scooping her up in his arms, he was an amazing dad. He automatically kissed her when she was in his grasped and she grabbed his nose like she had with me. I couldn't believe we were parents. Ashton bent down to press his lips firmly against mine. I giggled when his tongue swept over my bottom lip, asking for enterance which I gladly granted. I pulled away not long after, not wanting the kiss to get too heated. We had only just had a baby, we didn't need to make another one. Ashton laughed and kissed my lips one more time before he passed Ashleigh back to me so I could say goodbye.

"I'm going to miss you so much baby girl" I kissed her head multiple times before reluctantly giving her back to Ashton.

"I'll be home soon baby. Have fun planning!" He walked out and I watched him drive off from the window before I returned to the sofa to call Alicia. My baby weight had all but disappeared now. I dialled Alicia's number and she picked up on the third ring.

"Hello beautiful best friend how can I help you today?" She sounded out of breathe and her speech came out rushed. I heard Michael giggling in the background.

"Did I interupt your fuck? I'll call back some other time..." I joked and she giggled nervously.

"No it's okay... we weren't... well..." I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it.

"Just get yourself dressed and get your ass down here. We're starting or carrying on the wedding planning depending on whether you've started or not" I told her, a loud thud from the background sounding along with Michael cussing.

"He fell over putting his pants on. Where's Ashton and Ashleigh?" Alicia asked.

"Ash took them to see him mum, Harry and Lauren for the afternoon and she's staying their for a couple days. Anne thinks me and Ashton need a break. Luke and Calum are going to the movies because they haven't had a date in a while so it's just us. No Michael, just girls" I gave her strict orders and she told me she would be over soon. I threw my phone down on the cushions and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. I wanted to energize myself but I didn't want coffee. I opened the fridge and smiled. Ashton had left a can of Monster there with a post it note over the can saying. "Lucy, gotta get hype!" I smiled and took the can out, taking a long sip just as Alicia burst through my front door, panting. I nearly choked on the energy drink I was consuming at her state. She hadn't even brushed through her turquoise hair and hadn't even bothered to apply her usualy makeup. Then again, in my opinion, she was naturally beautiful though you'll never hear her admit it or agree when someone told her she was.

"Still not recovered?" I giggled and she sent a death glare in my direction.

"Fuck you, he's really... never mind" I laughed harder at this. I noticed she was clutching a folder in her hands.

"Is that the planning file?" I asked and she nodded, grabbing my drink and taking a long drink herself. I turned on the T.V and switched over to Kerrang whilst we planned. The whole afternoon was spent deciding a colour scheme, looking at dresses and a venue. I had called the wedding dress shop in the centre of town and booked an appointment for tomorrow. At around 5pm Ashton came home and just layed on the carpet. Me and Alicia were eating the pizza we had ordered, still planning. It was really quiet without Ashleigh here and I was missing her already. The baby monitor sat on the coffee table.

"It's so quiet without her" Ashton mumbled and I agreed. I pulled his arm so he was sat next me and Alicia and passed him some pizza I had saved which he quickly demolished.

*Skip to dress shopping*

When me and Alicia arrived at Something old, Something new, I was excited to find a dress but Alicia was dubious on whether she would find a dress to suit her. The woman, Pat quickly took us over to racks upon racks of beautiful dresses. I ran my fingers over a couple of them, reminising in the silky feeling of them. Alicia pulled a couple of the racks as did I and we asked Pat for her opinion on a dress to suit Alicia. She disappeared and then reappeared, a dress in her hand. She took Alicia into a changing room and I waited outside for her to show them off. The first 3 dresses were all very similar, cream in colour with sweetheart necklines and a mermaid tail style skirt. She didn't feel comfortable in them and the style didn't suit her at all. The next dress she came out in was the dress Pat had requested and was absolutely gorgeous. It was a A line gown, pure white in colour with a strapless sweetheart nekcline. The bodice had a beautiful flower on it across the waist and Alicia looked beautiful in it. Pat brought out a veil and placed it on Alicia's head. I felt myself tearing up and took deep breaths, fanning my eyes to calm myself. My best friend was getting married and I had just had a baby. The realization was sinking in.

"Aw, Lucy. Come here" I hugged her lightly, being careful not to touch the dress.

"That's the dress, penguin!" I told her and she nodded, her eyes glistening as they watered too.

"This is the dress" She turned around and examined herself in the dress as she pirouetted. She was going to look stunning. Pat did some measurements so she could alter the dress so it would be the perfect length etc for Alicia on the big day and then we headed back to the car.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD LUCY, I'M GETTING MARRIED!" She gasped, raking her fingers through her hair. I laughed and turned on the radio station as we drove home. Ashton's mum was calling me when I pulled into the driveway and I was quick to answer.

"Hey Lucy, I was wondering if you wanted me to bring Ashleigh home today?" I could hear her crying in the background and I understood it was hard for newborns to be away from their mothers. I agreed and she told me she would have her home soon. We walked back inside to see the boys sat on the couch playing FIFA. Well, not so much Ashton so I sat myself down on his lap whilst Alicia sat infront of Michael.

"Did you find a dress?" Luke asked and Alicia nodded, unlocking her phone to show him the photo she had taken, being careful not to show Michael to photo.

"Awh, baby. I'll see it anyway." He laughed.

"No you won't, I'm changing my phone passcode so you can't get on it and find the photo. It's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding"

A/N

HEY GUYS! SO HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE! HAIRDYE AND EMOTION DOESNT HAVE THAT MUCH FURTHER TO GO NOW AND I'M SO HAPPY FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES IVE HAD AND THANKYOU FOR STICKING AROUND GUYS. ILYASM <3<3<3