club day day at club first day club

I woke up with a groan. I sleepily picked up my phone and tried to hit the stop button on my alarm but my eyes were still blurry

I did my usual morning routine. Got dressed, brushed my teeth, and put on my shoes then walked out the door.

That's it. I don't know how girls can wake up at like, 6 am to do their makeup

Me and Trisha headed out the door. We stood and waited for Tolkien. He turned sixteen like two days ago so now he can drive us to school. Tricia has to come along because I'm obviously not gonna leave her behind.

Tolkien took a bit longer than usual but I just assumed it was because of Clyde.

I hop into the back and Tricia does the same.

"Hey Craig! Are you excited for your first day at film and broadcasting?" Tolkien asked

Why does everybody call it by it's full name? That must be exhausting

"Not really. Did Clyde tell you?"

"Yeah"

"Clyde keep your damn lid shut."

"What!" Clyde whined, "why? It's just Tolkein!"

I rolled my eyes but not in a serious way.

We got to the school. It was a middle school and high school combined so we didn't need to drop Tricia off anywhere else. She just started middle school. She cried like a little bitch. But so did I. I hate change. Gives me gut pains.

I only had two classes with Clyde and one with Tolkien. I didn't have any with Jimmy. Which sucked. The only good part about school is hanging out with my friends. And science. I know this sounds super fucking nerdy but when it comes to science class it's like I open a third eye for an hour. Or however long it takes me to research by myself at home.

We aren't learning the space unit yet but good god am I excited. Even if I probably already know everything they'll try to teach me

That was my third class of the day. It went by pretty fast which doesn't usually happen for me.

Lunch came after my science class. I went into the cafeteria after putting all my textbooks in my locker.

I immediately sit down. I absolutely despise the food here. It's fucking disgusting. Just looking at the texture makes me cringe sometimes.

It takes some time but Clyde, token and Jimmy all arrive to the table we sit at. This table has been OUR table since 6th grade. We sit all in the same spots every day. I wouldn't have it any other way. Honestly if it was any other way I would cry. Internally obviously.

Clyde sits across from me and Jimmy sits next to Clyde. Tolkien sits next to me.

Before a proper conversation could get going I heard a lady voice calling my name

"Craig!"

I turn around and see the school receptionist, ms. Olana

"I forgot to tell you that after school today you're ready to go to the film club!"

"Thank you for telling me. I didn't really know what I was doing after school"

She laughed before walking away

I turn back to my friends

"I s- still can't be- beli- believe you're actually doing t- th- th- this" Jimmy mutters out

"It's not like I really have a choice. Besides. Maybe they... have a point" I say that last part in a mocking tone

"Woah is Craig admitting that someone else was right?" Tolkien asks. Almost genuinely