Chapter 18

Next morning, we gather the little amount of stuff we have with us and begin to plan how we are going to return home. Fornax promises to give us a ride back to the Avenger's compound and Funí flies there right next to us. We thank our hosts for everything and promise to return as soon as we can. I hug Shuri and thank her for everything that she has done for me to gain my memories. I also promise her, and T'Challa of course, that they will get an invitation to the wedding, whenever they are held. We climb on to Fornax's back and start our journey home.

Flying on Fornax's back was amazing. We could see so beautiful scenery and places. But it was great to get back to the compound. We have been in Wakanda for almost a week. I miss the others. Of course, Thor and Loki are probably still in Asgard, but at least we get to see most of the group. When we get to the compound, Fornax tells us that she will return to her family. Funí actually decided to go with Fornax for the same reason. They have been separated far too long. We say some goodbye outside and then they fly away. I look at Bucky and hold his hand. He kisses me and we walk to the front door of the compound. "Are you ready?", he asks me, holding the doorknob.

When we step inside, we can hear the normal chattery that is going on at the compound. I immediately feel like we are back home. Tony, Steve, and Sam are talking about their latest mission. Nat is talking with Bruce, Pietro, Wanda, and Vision. Before me or Bucky have said anything, we hear a voice coming from the speakers on the walls. "Boss, two visitors in the hallway. Shall we do security measures?", says a woman's voice. "Friday, who are they?", Tony asks out loud. "It's us.", Bucky says.

Nat and Wanda have run to hug me. Tony is telling Friday to add me and Bucky into the secure list, whatever that means. We keep hugging with everyone and when I get to Steve, he asks, "So you said yes?", before closing me into a hug. He looks at me, smiles and nods at my hand. He noticed the ring immediately. "Thank you for making him happy.", Steve whispers to me. He is now congratulating his best friend for the engagement. The girls are looking at the ring and the main sound is "aww".

For the next few hours, we keep talking about what happened to me, what we learned in Wakanda and of course, the wedding that we have not yet even talk about together with Bucky. It feels good to be home with all of them. I do miss Thor and Loki. The whole time we have been talking with the others, Bucky has been holding my hand. I think he is still nervous about the engagement and everything. I squeeze his hand and when he looks at me, I smile at him. It makes him relax. I think that Steve has noticed the same that I did. We get up to take our things into our room. Sam told us that they moved Bucky's stuff into my room. We didn't mind that at all. We are walking up the stairs and that is when Steve pulls me to the side. He just gives Bucky a look and he nods at Steve.

"He really looks happy, doesn't he? I have known him my entire life and that is said a lot. I don't think that I have seen him like this ever before.", Steve is telling me while smiling, and looking after Bucky as he keeps walking to our room. "Am I sensing some jealousy, did I come between your bromance?", I ask him and immediately start laughing. Steve is also laughing. "He is my family, you know that, right?", he then asks me.

"I do and I promise to you that it will never change. I still don't remember everything from my life. I now know that I have been in this realm for centuries, but the only parts of that life I remember are the years in Hydra prison and the short time that I have been with you guys. Before you saved me, I have been alone. You, Bucky, Nat, Wanda, and everybody else, you are my family. And you can trust me that I will do everything to protect my family.", I tell Steve. I have turned my back to the stairs so I can't see that Bucky has come back to us. So, I continue.

"In this short time, I have felt more love than I could have ever imagine. And Bucky has a huge role in that. I feel safe with him. I feel loved when I am with him. And I know that even if we are apart, he is always going to be there for me, when I need him. I also know that you guys are best friends, and I don't want that to change. I wouldn't let anything come between my friendship with Nat and Wanda, and I expect that same sort of situation between you and Bucky. We both care about him, and I promise that I am with you in protecting him and our family.", I promise Steve. He smiles at me and hugs me. I feel someone closing me into a bigger hug from behind. Bucky hugs both me and Steve so that I am left in between these to big and muscular men. "So, what are you talking about?", Bucky asks as if he haven't heard most of the conversation. "You, of course.", I answer and wink at Steve.