Chapter 25

It has been few weeks since Hela's attack. It is the morning of the coronation. Everything is ready. I am getting ready with Bucky. I am wearing this flowy red dress that is perfect with my growing stomach. Thor gave the dress to me and told me that it was our mother's. I knew that I had to wear it. Bucky is wearing a beautiful Asgardian suit that the maid servants brought us yesterday. "Why can't I just wear my own clothes?", Bucky keeps whining. I walk to him, smile, and say, "But you look so handsome.". I give him a long kiss and after that he says, "Maybe it is fine then.".

Thor and Loki made sure that our friends from Midgard are at the coronation. They arrived this morning and it felt so good to see them all. Nat and Wanda immediately noticed my stomach getting bigger. They were also quite disappointed that we have spent so much time in Asgard. I told them, that things have happened, and we will talk about them later, first we are going to party. We haven't really told them anything about Hela. We decided that we tell them after the coronation. We all gather in the throne room, all glammed up and ready to see Thor announced as king of Asgard. The ceremony started soon. Our friends were standing on one side of the aisle. Me and Bucky were standing near the throne as we were told to do when we went through the ceremony yesterday. Loki and Thor walk toward the throne while the people of Asgard are looking at them from every side of the throne room. They walk to me. Thor then takes my hand and walks me to the front of the throne and makes me stand between my two brothers. Thor starts to speak.

"People of Asgard, our friends, and family, welcome! Today we are having two celebrations we are welcoming back to the royal family our sister, and we are crowning our new king. We start this celebration with our beautiful sister. We are welcoming back our princess Halla.", Thor is speaking to the people in the throne room. Suddenly we hear a gentle sound from the phoenixes. Spjalli has flown on Loki's shoulder. This big and strong looking phoenix named Taran flew to Thor's shoulder. And after them Funí flew to my shoulder. After all of them followed the other phoenixes. They are now flying in the throne room. "The phoenixes have returned to Asgard once again. They are here because our sister and our friends from Midgard saved them all. We cannot thank you enough.", Thor states and nods to the Avengers. We hear a small roar entering the throne room. It's Lisha, the little black dragon that has grown a lot in these couple of weeks. She is almost the size of Funí. Lisha flies into the room and everyone is gasping. No one knew that the dragon eggs have hatched. Lisha flies to me and lands gently on my other shoulder and lets out a roar followed by a bust of fire. The Avengers look at this small dragon, and they don't really know what to think. I look at Nat and wink at her.

"We welcome back to Asgard our sister. Halla of Asgard, Odindottir, the Protector of the Phoenix fire, the Bringer of Peace, the Mother of Fire Dragons, and the Goddess of Elemental Powers. Welcome home sister!", Thor states in loud and strong voice. Everyone is clapping and my brothers both hug me. Thor then continues, "We are also blessed to inform you that Halla is expecting a child of Asgard with our dear friend James Buchanan Barnes. Please my friend, join us.". Thor signs Bucky to step in front of us. Bucky steps in front of us confused. Thor mouths him to kneel and he does this. I am now also confused. "A while ago, you risked your own life to save our sister. You were ready to sacrifice yourself for her. This is the strength of a warrior. You my friend, shall always have a place in Valhalla. On behalf of the royal family of Asgard, I shall dub thee James Buchanan Barnes, a Lord Knight of Asgard!"

The guards of Asgard brought to Thor a case that was holding a beautiful sword in it. Thor lifted this shining sword that had gold detailing and Asgardian runes written on it. It had seven different coloured diamonds on its handle. I realize that they represent the elemental powers that I possess. Thor holds the sword in front of Bucky that has been told to stand up now. Thor gives the sword to him and says, "This sword is made by the dwarves of Nidavellir. It is called Asmund, the divine protection. May it protect you in battle the way you protected our princess.". Bucky takes the sword and bows to Thor. He lifts his head and winks at me. After Bucky has returned to his place, Thor looks at me and Loki. "I think it is time for the coronation.", Thor states.

"Our brother Thor, the heir to throne of Asgard. Claim your throne!", Loki says to Thor. Thor looks at people, he looks at our friends, and then me and Loki. He lowers his head for a second and as he lifts it back up, he straightens his back and says, "I may be worthy of my powers and Mjolnir. But I am not worthy of the throne. I am not ready to rule our people and make the decisions on their behalf. I find my destiny on the battlefield. You, my brother. You have always understood what is best for our people and our land. I, Thor Odinson, give up my right for the throne in order for you to take your place as our ruler." Loki is baffled and so am I. Thor is now signing with his hand for Loki to claim the throne. "Take it, or I will.", I whisper to Loki. Loki looks at me and then smiles to Thor. "I, Loki of Asgard, claim the throne of my fathers. I shall rule the realm of Asgard with the help of my brother Thor, the leader of our armies, and my dear sister, the protector of our peace.", Loki announces. The whole room starts to cheer. Loki sits on the throne while I bring the crown to him and lower it on his head. I then encourage the whole room, "All hail to Loki, the king of Asgard!".