Chapter 12

Abbie's P.O.V
It's been a couple of days since we left, were almost to Texas, just 3-4 days and we'll be there. Evan has been really sweet, insisting I save my money he paid for a motel and for food! I look out the window and watch the world around me go by in a blur, how did everything get to be so messed up.....

Just a couple weeks ago I was at home living a normal life, a life an everyday person lived then in a split second decision I ran.

"So Abbie, why you headed to Texas"? Evan drawled with his southern accent oh how I loved it

"I have my reasons", I say my blonde hair blowing in my face as I reposition my hat to cover my eyes so he can't see the tears that are forming.

"How's about we play a game, 20 questions but with a twist for every answer you give I'll answer two"?

"No, I'm not in the mood" I snap as a tear rolls down my cheek I quickly wipe it away hoping Evan doesn't see.

"Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" He says pulling the car into a rest stop

We sit there for a minute and he reaches over an pulls me into a hug, I don't try an pull away I just sit there listening to him say "it's gonna be alright" as he stroked my hair. I finally felt like I had someone to care for me, I had a total melt down.

After awhile he continued driving I sit there thinking how pathetic I am, I'm supposed to be strong, I'm not supposed to cry, I brought this all on myself, at least that's what my mom would've said. I debate weather to tell him the story or not,after a few moments of silence I decide he deserves an explanation.

"It was about a year ago it happened the worst day of my life........ I woke up hoping to go out on a ride, my window was a bit ajar a cool breeze was seeping through. The sun had barely come over the horizon, I slip on my faded jeans and headed down stairs. I quickly grab an apple and head for the door trying not to wake up my little brother. He was the cutest little boy ever he had big blue puppy dog eyes and bleach blonde hair, he wanted to be just like me when he grew up is what he always said. He had his own horse named night, all he ever wanted to be when he grew up was a cowboy."

"I guess when I went out I hadn't realized I left the door open he followed me out and sometime between early morning and afternoon he died...... We have a small pond about a mile away from the house, but I never did figure out how he got over there for a little boy it would've taken half a day." "My parents always said it was my fault, they tried to have me locked up".........

"They said i wanted him dead, but why. After he died my dad started working to avoid my mom and I, and my mom was a bigger pain than before." "She always had a list of chores a mile long, and the one day I hadn't done my chores she came home drunk." "Drunk, she was so drunk she burnt down one of the horse barns we had. It was the 3d one it my horse Midnight, my brothers horse, and my dad's. "She managed to kill them all, the only things holding my life together was gone." "When the firefighters came she said I'd started it, that I was trying to commit suicide." "they took me and locked me in a hospital, after a week they decide I wasn't a "risk" so they let me go and gave me some anti-depressants." " After that point I hated my mom, and when I say hated I mean hated not only did she try to get me arrested she tried to kill me, I was trapped in that barn with the horses, I have a scar from trying to escape!"

"See I pull my shirt up", to see this ugly scar all purple and reddish, he looks over and I notice he has tears in his eyes, he reaches out and hugs me. While I'm in his embrace I notice we aren't in the truck we are at a dinner I have a untouched sandwich and fries.

I finally told someone that really happened I feel better but at the same time I don't. I allow my self to lay on his chest while he strokes my hair.........

AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!!!

So do you like it?? Ok so if you want snap chat me Angels_devil17, do you like the budding romance between Evan and Abbie...

vote,COMMENT,Share