Chapter 11

I wake up in a cold sweat, my dream was terrible. I was riding through the forest on fireball someone something was chasing me. I turn around and get knocked off the back of my horse. I try an scramble to my feet but the ting grabs me and drags me away.........

That was the end, the end of what though? My first grade teacher said dreams they all mean something no matter how small. What does this dream mean, is it my future?

I go outside and prop the door open I take fireball out and let him graze. Then I take all of my stuff out of the bathroom. I close the door an continue to saddle up fireball. When I'm finally done I head over to a bench and that's when I see it. I see a dodge pick up pull in with a 3 horse slant attached, I remember before the incident we used to have these, but they had full living quarters!

I leave my stuff there but walk over to make sure it's the guy. Sure enough it is.

"Hi, are you still willing to take me to Texas"?

"Excuse me ma'am but do I know you" he drawled out in his southern accent

Oh great I feel stupid of course some stranger didn't offer me a ride.

"Sorry i....."

"No no it's me" he quickly says

"Are you sure"? I ask eyeing him suspiciously

"Yes, who else would know that you went to the store to but a map".

"Good point" I say

"So umm untack fireball, and I'll load him then put your stuff in the back and we'll get started".

"Yes sir" I say and he blushes

"Don't call me sir, it makes me feel like an old man".

"Oh whatever"

I return to un doing all the work I had put into tacking Fire up, when I'm done I lead him over to, hmm I don't know his name.

"Quick question, what's your name", I say throwing my tack in the tack room.

"Evan", what's yours

"Abbie" I say with confidence

"Well we should get this show on the road now shouldn't we".

"Ok" I say turning to get in the truck

I get in an instantly a cold gust of wind hit me, it felt so good after being out in the warm air for so long. After a bit Evan turns on the radio and George Strait comes cracklings over the speakers singing "All My Ex's Live in Texas" I hum along until sleep consumes me.......

Evans P.O.V
I feel something about this girl, Abbie that's her name. I don't know what it is but something about her seem different. I look over and watch her sleep her long blonde curly hair is slightly covering her face, and her shirt has ridden up a bit so you can see her tank top, she looks so peaceful sleeping, I'd hate to wake her.

"Abbie,Abbie," I coo softly and she starts to stir

"5 more minutes" she says and pushes me away

"Wanna use the bathroom and stretch your legs?" With that she pushes me off and throws the truck door open so hard I'm scared it'll fly off it hinges

Authors note
Well......... How'd you like it?
Vote, COMMENT,Share