Chapter 9

After I finish my French toast I pay the bill and head on my way, I get on fire an slowly start him off. we ride until noon then I hope off him and let him rest. I try to come up with a game plan, well there are allot of horse barns around I can "barrow" some food from them, I need to find a map too!

I decide I'll keep going until the next town then I'll go to a store and buy a map. After our short break I hop back on fire and keep going. We barely make it to town before dark I slide down Fires back and go into the store.

When I get to the books section I'm looking for a map, but I can't seem to find one so I go and ask a employe. Silly me the maps are in the gifts section, you know how every store has a section where you can get magenta from the state or place yea well that's where they were!

When I get over there I notice a boy about my age maybe a bit older. Paying barely any attention I look at the different maps, I decide on one if all 50 states, and another one of just Mississippi.

I go to turn a away when I here a voice

"You must not be from around here" The guy says

"What makes you say that" I shoot back

"Well buying two maps one of all 50 states, an another of Mississippi". "If you lived here or where from here you wouldn't need a map". he states

" Yea so what I'm not from around here, why do you care"

" I was wonderin if you need someone to show you around"

"I don't plan on sticken around, but thanks" I say and turn on my heals

" Wait wait wait, where are ya headed"?

"I'm headed to Texas" I reply actually looking at the guy for once. I notice his hat wright away, he's wearin cowboy boots and wranglers with a plaid button up shirt. He actually doesn't look half bad.

"Well I'm headed that way do ya wanna ride"

"Thanks but no thanks I'm not interested in bein hacked to pieces by some mad man."

"Come on, I'm not some crazy man, trust me"

"Why should I trust you" I say

"Well I don't really have any reasons but do I look like the kind of guy to kill some one"

"I don't know, when you leavin"

"I'm leavin tomorrow around noon, if you want a ride meet me at the park"

"Maybe, but say I Do come what about my horse fire ball"

"Bring him to I'm taken my horse bizzy"

"Ok"

Talkin to that guy really got my mind off things but will I take him up on his offer.