Chapter 6

As we lay down I can't help but think about someone finding out that we are runaways. I'm tempted to go to town to the little cafe and watch the news, I'll probably sneak off in a couple days. But for know I'll just wait!

As I take in my surroundings I can't help but look at Tessa I know this must be hard for her to just leave after all she lost her mom and dad. But then again it was her idea! I slowly get up and start to wonder deciding I won't be getting much sleep.

I walk down a little path that looks like it was once traveled a lot but slowly becoming over grown with vines and thickets. I'm careful not to step on branches and make noise.

I walked for about 20 minutes before a barn came into view I was careful not to get to close. The barn was massive, it was 2 stories tall, it was hard to see but I could make out a big arena and 2 round pens. I look at the moon trying to remember what my 5th grade teacher told us about how the pioneers used the moon and the sun to find out what time it is, the moon was directly over head so I decided it was midnight.

I couldn't see a house from my position but it doesn't mean there's not one. I very quietly make my way to the barn and try to find the latch, when I find it un latch it and go to set it down a miss were it goes and it hits the medal door with a CLANG!

I jump at the loud sound hoping I didn't wake any thing or anyone! I walk in and the lights turn on. Oh great I silently think to myself, know for sure someone's going to catch me. I head over to a place I thinks a good I hiding spot, it's in between some hay bales so if some comes in they can't see me!

I wait for what feels like eternity but it's really just a couple minutes, I sit and listen and decide no ones coming. I stand and brush myself off and go to explore the barn. there are 24 stalls with only 12 horses in. the horses look pretty skinny and their stalls don't look to clean either. on the stall door it says how much they get fed, so I take it upon myself to dish out their food.

When I get to stall 14 there is this stunning palomino horse I'm not sure what breed but he's amazing! This horse looks like he's gone through hell, his halter is this ugly shade of brown, and it has moss or mold growing on it. his legs have deep gashes and I think he needs to see a vet! When I go in there to put his food in the bin I notice that he has no water, that's strange because all the other horses had water and their stalls where a lot cleaner than this.

I know I won't have his stall clean tonight so I put him in stall 13 with fresh water and extra food. I remove his halter and under there are sores, it looks to me that this halter is far to small and it has been in him for more than a year! I go to to leave and I trip do an amazing landing, and land looking strait at a clock. when I read the time it's 4:30am, I quickly find the lights and shut them off and leave.

It takes me 20 minutes to get back to the camp sight but when I do I can hardly walk. Cleaning all 12 stalls and feeding really wore me out. as soon as my head hits the suitcase I'm out.

AUTHORS NOTE
Sooo how did you like it?? And I don't mind getting a couple votes!
Do you guys want longer chapters or do you want short ones more often.

What type of horse do u think the palomino is.