Chapter 26

"Found my heart and broke it here.
Made friends and lost them through the years"

NAOMI'S POV:

Well... We landed and I made it. Granted I started to freak out again a little when we were starting to land, but it didn't take too long so it was fine.

My dad picked us up and took us back to my childhood home.

Josh hit it off with my dad, however my mom seems a little resistant and I can't figure out why. He's been so sweet and she seemed excited to meet him.

He hasn't met my brothers or their partners yet, but he will today because today is Saturday which is the day of the engagement party.

Yesterday was pretty much a lazy day where I showed Josh around town for a little while, but I thought he might be getting a little bored so I took him back home. He didn't say anything but I could tell. When we got home my mom just had to show him baby pictures. So pretty much just a stereotypical mom thing. Then we all ate dinner,and talked in the backyard for a few hours before going to bed.

It was a lot of fun to be at home and just chill with him and my family but I'm so excited for the party tonight, there will be a lot of family and family friends here that I haven't seen in a while.

I'm currently putting on my makeup in my childhood bedroom, I love it in here.

My parents kept it just as it was when I left, it was very thoughtful of them.

Josh and I have been staying in here, and yes we sleep in the same bed.

We didn't do anything crazy, we didn't even think about it. I mean we made out a little, but it never got so hot and heavy that we would have to have a talk about having sex.

We're just not there yet?

Josh is currently outside helping my dad set up some stuff for the party. After I'm done getting ready I need to go downstairs and help my mom with some food preparation. Sofia and Blake are coming by early to help set up as well, I mean this is their party after all.

William, Kelsea, Molly, and Milo are all coming by later along with the other guests.

I finish my eyeliner and check to make sure I look okay in the mirror one last time.

Naomi's outfit:

I fix my bangs and brush out a few of my curls in my hair with my fingers

Yeah, that's right. I even curled my hair.

That's effort right there.

I decide that I'm fine with how the look turned out and I head to go downstairs to help my mom.

As I open my bedroom door I see a box of what looks to be my things.

I pick it up and head downstairs with it.