Chapter 20

"I can't stop you from putting roots in my dreamland"

NAOMI'S POV:

"So what do you want to watch?" He says leaning in more to the couch to get comfortable.

I gave Harry a house tour and we talked for a while as well as had some drinks. Then we decided to just chill.

"I'm not sure. What sounds good to you?" I say getting a pillow to hold over my stomach because I was cold.

"Nope, I asked you first." He retorts.

"Fine, um... Do you like Friends? I'm pretty sure everyone does but you never know."

"I love Friends." He says with a wide grin.

"Great." I chuckle at his excited expression.

I get the remote and turn on Netflix. Then I head to Friends and press play.

A curious thought popped into my head a few minutes into the episode.

"Hey, Harry?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He says turning to me with curiosity in his eyes.

"What do you think about Josh?"

His head turns away from me and he goes silent for a moment then turns back to me. He looked uncomfortable.

"Like do I like him? Or do I like him for you? Or.... What's the question?" He says needing more.

"Like all of it I guess."

"Why do you need my opinion? I thought you really like him."

"I do, I do... He just uh... Nothing I just wanted your thoughts about him."

"Okay... Well he seems nice... A bit jealous though..." He says diverting his eyes to the ground at the last sentence.

"Jealous? Of what?"

"Well, he and I talked in the bathroom and just seemed a little too heated about us being friends... That's all... You know what, it was probably nothing." He gets to shake it off taking a sip of the decaf coffee I made him.

"Was he rude to you?" I say slightly annoyed with Josh,but I wasn't there so I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

"Naomi-"

"Was he?" I say wanting the truth.

"No... Just on edge?" His voice goes up a little.

"Harry... I need to know if my boyfriend is nice to my friends or not." I say a bit more firm because I really want to know.

"Boyfriend?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Yeah, we made it official tonight." I smile.

"That's... Great. Congratulations." He smiles and turns his head towards the TV.

"Thank you,so will you tell me now?"

"Naomi there is nothing to tell, I'm sure I'm just overreacting." He shakes it off.

"So does that mean that you like him?"

"Yeah."

Wow.

So convincing Harry.

"Okay,so you don't." I say partly disappointment and partly annoyed.

"I don't dislike him." He says defending himself.

"Harry-"

"I think we just rub each other the wrong way sometimes and-"

"What does he do that annoys you?"