Chapter 22

"We rolled around in the flowers for hours"

NAOMI'S POV:

We were on the road with the windows down. It had been a few minutes of driving before he handed me his phone.

"I need my favorite DJ." He smirks.

"You got it. What are you feeling-"

"What are you feeling today? Choose what you want." He says looking out into the road.

I thought for a millisecond to turn on a sad song because I know it would probably be therapeutic for me right now. However, I decide that right now I don't want to be sad because I'm here with Harry and we're going to our place. There is nothing but happiness with those things.

I take my chances and head to the search bar to see if he has the song I want. Once I type in the name, it immediately pops up and I'm left with a grin on my face.

I can't help but laugh a little at the fact he has it though.

"What is it?" He smirks.

I don't respond and instead I hit play on Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.
"Oh yeah." He smiles and turns the volume up once he hears the song.

I laugh and throw my head back.

"I got a pocket got a pocketful of sunshine, I got a love and I know that it's all mine woah,woah." He sings and moves his head along with the song.

"Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me. Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me woah, woah." We sing together now and I can't help but dance in my seat.

"This is all you." I grins as the chorus approaches.

"Take me away! A secret place! A sweet escape! Take me away! Take me away!" He belts and uses the steering wheel as a drum.

"Take me away! To better days! Take me away! A hiding place!" I sing with him now.

"This is our new anthem." Harry laughs.

"I totally agree."

"You seem like a person who has CDs at home of like Natasha Bedingfield's greatest hits." He cackles.

I actually do...

"Well you'd be correct and I am most definitely not ashamed. It's right next to Sarah Bareilles and Colbie Caillat."

"That explains so much." He smiles."Are they some of your favorites?"

"Yes, they are." I say confidently.

At this point, honestly I feel like I can trust Harry with some of this random information now. It doesn't feel like it did before. It's not the same as it was, you know?

I find myself accidentally staring at him for a few seconds.

I feel like I'll always be in awe of him in some way or another.

He looks over at me and smiles.

I'm not quite sure what to say so I don't say anything, and I just know that he understands.

Then I look out of my window and see that my surroundings are becoming extremely familiar and I know that we are here.

And as we reach it the bridge of the song starts .

"There's a place that I go where nobody knows. And the rivers flowand I call it home. And there's no more lies.In the darkness there's light.And nobody cries
There's only butterflies." Natasha sings out of the car speakers and we just listen.