Chapter one: Rain of silence

I'm sitting on the side of my grey couch. My window stood slightly open, so I could hear the sound of the rain better. Today, they've had predicted a day filled with rain. Actually I don't mind, I love this kind of weather. I was staring at the rain, falling down from the sky. The dark clouds made sure the city couldn't see any sun rays. I took a sip from my tea, emptying my cup. I didn't know I was so far in my thoughts, until I heard the doorbell rang. I got up, making my way over to the door. I opened the door and saw my best friend standing there. She was clearly frustrated with the weather. I know she doesn't like rainy days like I do. The umbrella she was holding in her right hand made sure she didn't got wet. In her other hand she was holding her bag. Her blonde long hair matched well with the long black coat she was wearing. 

Solar: "I'm so glad that I'm inside. There's barley anyone on the street. I didn't even know that so much rain could fall out of the sky."

This is Solar, my best friend. We work at the same café. That's how we met. We live close by and we see each other every day. She's here with breakfast. Solar walked in, placing her umbrella right next to the door. She took her black jacket off and her shoes. I walked over to the kitchen. The kitchen, living room and dining room are in one room, connected with one another. I opened one of my cupboards, taking out two plates. Solar placed her bag on the table, taking out everything she bought out of her bag. 

You: "What do you want to drink? Some tea, coffee, hot chocolate or water?"

Solar: "I'll drink what you're drinking."

You: "Tea it is then..."

I took a new cup for Solar and placed mine next to it. I filled the two cups with some tea and went over to the table with them. After placing the two plates on the table, I sat down. Solar mimicked my move, also sitting down, right in front of me.

Solar: "At least there wasn't a waiting line in the store. That's the only good thing about this weather."

You: "I think it won't be busy at work as well. Not a lot of people will walk through this weather for some coffee or pie."

Solar: "What are you complaining about? That means free food for us!"

Solar is always happy when we get some free food from our boss. We can't sell it the next day to the costumers, because he always wants to sell fresh food.

Solar: "Did you saw the news this morning? Have you heard what happened this night?"

You: "I left the bar around three o'clock in the morning. Do you really think I saw the news this morning?"

Solar: "I really don't like it that you work in that bar, so late at night. It can be dangerous for a girl to work at a place like that, late at night. What if a drunk and dirty minded guy would approach you?"

I get that she is worried about me. If the situation was reversed I would react the same way. I'm the only girl that works there, but I don't mind that. The other guys that work there are really friendly and they always help me out.

You: "You're making yourself more scared with those thoughts. I can handle those situations, so don't worry. So, what happened? What did they tell at the news that's so important?"

Solar: "Right, we were talking about that. They found another dead man."

You: "Another one? That's like what... the sixth one this month?"

Solar: "See? That's why I don't like the idea of you walking around on the streets so late at night."

You: "Do they have clue who could so something like that?"