T W E N T Y - F I V E

"Are you guys excited!"

My attention flickered from my uneaten food to an enthusiastic Lance who was practically jumping with joy in front of the cafeteria table.

"About what?" Talia said in confusion, her eyes drifting briefly away from West's sketchbook.

A gasp fell from Lance's mouth, a hand held to his chest as if he was about to have a heart attack. 

He looked around the table hoping one of us would know what he was talking about, but disappointment filled his eyes when he noticed that all of us were clueless except Malia.

"Babe, please tell me you know what I'm talking about," Lance said with hope-filled eyes as he sat next to Malia, his head dropping onto her shoulder.

"He's excited about the senior class trip that's taking place next week. Remember?" Malia explained as we were all awed in understanding.

This year the senior class trip is taking place over the last week of April and it's to New York.

"You're amazing babe, I swear you're the only one who listens to me. I've been talking about it all week." Lance said before planting a kiss on Malia's cheek lovingly.

Malia smiled sweetly before going back to her book of the week, Transcendent Kingdom.

"I can't wait to be in New York and explore all the artwork there it will be great inspiration for my finals portfolio," Talia said happily as West nodded in agreement.

Soon they began to discuss the exciting places they would like to go to in New York and how much fun it would be.

I listened in on the conversation, making no effort to contribute.

"You okay?" Myles gently whispered from beside me.

"I'm fine," I replied quickly as he rose an eyebrow at me.

"You're not fine. You haven't eaten anything and that's shocking considering your love for food," He said before gesturing to my tray full of food.

"I'm just not that hungry," I mumbled in response before going back to picking at my food.

"That's bull and we both know it." He said releasing a scoff.

"You've been distant all week, I know something's wrong." Myles continued to press for information.

Despite his gentle tone, I felt myself growing irritated.

"I'm fine, okay. Just drop it." I whispered harshly sending a glare his way.

I didn't miss the flash of hurt that flickered through Myles's eyes at my words but it quickly went away, his face now blank.

"Fine." He said deciding against pushing for further answers.

I silently cursed myself a sense of guilt washing over me, though I made no effort to apologize.

Myles wasn't wrong though I have been distant lately, more specifically towards him.