T W E N T Y - F O U R

Today's the day

Today's the day

The day that can make or break my career.

Losing is not an option.

It was ten minutes until one of the biggest matches of my career so far.

I stretched within my locker room, practicing some breathing exercises to calm my nerves.

"There's my champion!" I heard from behind me.

Turning around, my eyes fell upon a grinning Lance who had Malia tucked into his side who greeted me with a soft smile and a small wave.

"The match hasn't happened yet, idiot," Talia replied as she and West trailed into the room; the pair glued to each other as West sent me a nod, which I returned.

"Trust me, I have no doubt that Myles will be the one walking away as the winner!" Lance said confidently as he patted my back.

"Thanks," I said with an appreciative smile.

I was happy to have my friends who believe in me and support me every step of the way, here. 

Though I had my family's support as well now. 

After the trial that took place almost a week ago now, I had a serious conversation about what I've really been doing with my mother.

I told her everything from when I started training, all the matches I participated in, and how boxing is my passion and I hope she understands the reason why I didn't tell her was that I didn't want her to look at me with disappointment like Liam did.

Her response shocked me as she immediately pulled into a hug and told me how proud she was of me and that she'll always be proud of me and support my dreams no matter what.

After that conversation, I felt a burden lift off my shoulders, glad to know I have my family by my side.

She couldn't come to my match tonight as she couldn't get anyone to watch over Kyle and we both agreed that a boxing match isn't somewhere Kyle should be.

However, she assured me that she would watch me at home, as the match was being live-streamed all over the country.

 Though she wouldn't be watching the match alone as I heard her earlier invite William over.

"Thanks for leaving me behind, guys," 

Said an annoyed Jesse as she walked into the room glaring at the others who shrugged and mumbled half-hearted apologies.

Jesse looked beautiful as always, a smile gracing her face as her gaze fell upon me making my heart rate increase.

"Hey," She greeted happily as she stopped in front of me.

I opened my mouth in reply but my words got caught in my throat as my attention shifted to the black and red jersey that she wore.

The front of her jersey had red boxing gloves that were outlined in white and above them was Langston in red with a white outline.