N I N E T E E N

Flex

Flex

Pointe

Flex

It was the day of the recital and I was currently stretching.

I tried to keep my nerves at bay when I heard that we go on in ten minutes.

"No doubt, they'll accept me. I mean I am the best dancer here, and the moment I step on the stage they'll see that." Cindy boasted to the other girls.

I rolled my eyes as she continued to go on and on about how she's going to Julliard, though she hasn't even heard back from them yet, she has it in her head that she's already going.

"Psst, psst, Twinkle Toes," I heard a voice whisper making my head dart around the room until they landed on a familiar pair of grey eyes.

There stood Myles by the backstage entrance with a hearty grin on his face as he waved me over to him.

Seeing him here giving me a sense of deja vu.

We haven't spoken much these past three days, as we were both extremely busy. 

This means we haven't brought up what happened in the treehouse a couple of days ago, but I'm happy to ignore the subject as long as I can.

We were both just caught up in the moment.

Well, I wasn't 

But that will be my excuse if he ever brings it up.

There's no way he could possibly feel the same way I feel.

He's my best friend and nothing more.

The sooner I understand that, the better.

"Myles you can't be back here," I whispered as I stood before him.

I tugged him over to a more secluded area so that no one spots him.

"I know, but I had to wish my favorite ballerina good luck," He whispered softly giving me one of his beautiful smiles.

I felt my heart flutter at his words, my face heating up underneath his gaze.

"Good luck Twinkle Toes, you'll do amazing," He said confidently, his reassurance immediately soothing my nerves.

"Thank you," I whispered back gratefully.

"Anytime Jess. I'll be sitting in the front row as I promised, so if you get too overwhelmed just look at me." He said as I nodded in agreement

"Now break a leg!" 

Was the last thing he said before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead and heading out the door.

Once I heard we were on in one, I quickly shuffled to the front just behind the curtains.

Peeking over the curtains my eyes briefly caught Myles, who gave me a breathtaking smile beside him were my friends and family who wore similar grins.