S I X

A flash of light went off, temporarily blinding me

Before I could even adjust to my surroundings, I found myself on the floor.

"Get off me you ape," I groaned out as Lance laid on top of me.

"Happy Birthday Bestie!" He said grinning from ear to ear, still smothering me with his weight.

Thankfully, West came over and got him off me, muttering idiot underneath his breath. Though his eyes didn't hide the amusement he had towards the scene before him.

Glad to know he finds my pain funny.

"Happy Birthday," West said giving me a small smile once I got off the floor.

"Thanks," I said returning his smile.

"Group hug," Lance exclaimed, before squeezing West and me into a bone-crushing hug, another flash going off.

"Okay, okay, let go of the poor boy before you kill him," Talia said yanking Lance off of us.

Wait, 

Talia 

Does that mean

Before I can finish my thought a scream came from behind me.

"JESS!" Kyle yelled before running over to where Jesse stood.

What is she doing here?

Not, that I'm not happy to see her, I'm more than happy.

Her presence would explain why Talia was here and looking around I noticed that the flashes of light were due to Malia taking pictures.

"Who's idea was this?" I said directing my attention away from Kyle and Jesse and to my two best friends.

"Me, of course! I know you said you didn't want to do anything, but what kind of friend would I be if I listened to what you said," Lance said, looking at me like I was the dumb one.

"A good one," West let out making me chuckle a bit as Lance glared at him.

"So, you threw a surprise party?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Yes! Aren't you happy I did," He said with a large grin.

Looking around and seeing how much work they put into it with the banner and balloons, I felt grateful for having such good friends.

Once my eyes landed on a laughing Jess and Kyle, I found myself nodding in response.

"Yeah, I am," I started turning to look back at the two of them.

"Thank you," I said appreciatively, making Lance pull us into another group hug.

Though he's eighteen, he still acts like he's five at times.