T W E N T Y - O N E

"Bye Myles," I called out one last time with a smile on my face before slipping into my house

A sigh fell from my lips happy to be home, happy that the weekend has finally begun.

Slipping off my shoes at the entrance I dropped my bag by the door, my stomach rumbling from hunger.

I begin to make my way to the kitchen, but as I passed the entrance of the living room I felt my eyes widen in shock.

I couldn't believe what was before, more like whom.

There stood a man who I haven't seen in what felt like ages.

His rich dark skin, reflecting my own, his dark brown eyes shimmering with joy as his lips curled into a large smile at the sight of me, showcasing his pearly white teeth.

"Dad," I said remaining in my spot, my body in shock.

"Hey, Jay," He said happily.

The nickname reminding me of how he said seeing me dancing related to that of a bird. Soaring through the sky with grace and agility. 

He opened his arms wide, immediately I ran into his arms, throwing my arms around his neck as I hugged him tightly.

"Seems like someone missed me," He teased once we pulled away from each other, as I playfully glared at him.

"Don't worry Jay I missed you more. I hated being away from you, your sister, and your mother for so long," He said as peered down at me lovingly.

I haven't seen my father in so long. He's an amazing architecture and works for one of the top company's in California. His most recent project was building a new Marriot Hotel in Athens Greece, which caused him to be away for six months.

I dreadfully missed him around. My wasn't as lively without his corny dad jokes, childish pranks, fascinating stories, and beautifully skilled designs for his next project.

It was nice to have him back, and it was perfect timing as Nevah's wedding was just two days away.

"How was Gre-" I began to say but was cut off by the rumbling of my stomach, reminding me that I have yet to fill it.

My father laughed at the sound before stating how Nevah made snacks for us.

Moving into the kitchen I greeted Nevah with a hug, before thanking her for the delicious BLT sandwiches she made.

We sat around the kitchen island, listening to my father tell us about his time in Greece, even showing us pictures of the before and after of the hotel he helped design.

Nevah and I then went on to catch our father up on all the exciting news going on in our lives. 

Nevah not failing to give our father the latest update on Myles and I's relationship.