T H R E E

I couldn't help that feeling of disappointment that flooded through me when I discovered Myles gone the next morning

I couldn't help but internally scoff at myself.

I should've known better to get my hopes up.

What did I even think was gonna happen?

He just needed a place to stay Jesse that's it.

No matter how much you miss him, it's doesn't mean he misses you.

Deciding not to dwell on the events last night, I quickly got dressed for school. Deciding to forget whatever happened.

I should've known it wasn't going to be that easy.

The moment I caught him staring at me in the halls I couldn't help the flutters that arose in my stomach.

I even went as far as smiling at him.

I wanted to slap myself at my own stupidity.

I don't know what compelled me to do such a thing.

Again, Jesse just because he came by yesterday doesn't mean anything.

However, my resolve wasn't strong as I found myself replaying the events of the other night, not being able to pay attention in any of my classes.

"What's good with you? You've been spaced out all day," Talia asked me.

It was currently the end of the day and we were standing by Talia's car waiting for Malia, who had to stay behind to talk with a teacher.

"I swear I've never seen you look, so down,"

"You okay?" Talia asked again worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm okay just have a lot on my mind right now," I answered, giving her a small smile to ease her worry.

"Okay, just know I'm here whenever," She said giving me a small smile of her own.

"Hello, ladies," A new voice said from behind.

Turning around, I looked at the newcomer.

"Hi, Lance," I greeted, send him a wave as Talia nodded at him briefly.

Her attention was solely on the boy behind Lance. Who had his head cocked down to his sketchbook, his pencil running frantically across the page.

"Hi, West," Talia said sweetly, a wide grin on her face.

Wow, she has it bad.

It was then West finally looked up from his notebook.

"Hi, Talia," He spoke gently sending her a small smile, a small blush on his face.

I had to hold myself back from releasing a gasp as I never heard West speak until now.

Despite his deep voice, his tone embodied softness.