F O U R

Pulling up to the dance studio, a curse slipped from my mouth

I was thirty minutes late to pick up Kyle, due to training running overtime.

Locking the car door, I quickly jogged up the studio steps.

The warmth of the studio was widely appreciated. My hair was still wet from the quick shower I took after training, making me feel colder than usual.

After thanking the secretary for giving me directions to studio B215, I made my way there.

Approaching the door, I heard familiar voices chatting with one another.

"Are you okay, Kyle? You seemed a bit out of it today, your pirouettes weren't as sharp as they usually are," A voice asked with concern.

I immediately identified that voice to be Jesse's.

What is she doing here?

Moving closer to the door, I eavesdropped on their conversation.

The door being wide-open worked to my advantage as I was able to hear them clearly.

"You know you can tell me if anything's wrong?" Jesse said gently.

Peeking slightly into the room, I saw that the two of them were sitting in the corner of the room.

Luckily they were facing the opposite direction of the mirror, so they couldn't see me.

"I know," Kyle said as Jesse lent him an encouraging smile.

"Today, at school. The teacher asked us to share something we love to do and of course, I said dance," Kyle said taking a pause.

Seeing that Jesse was paying close attention to what he was saying, he continued.

"Then a couple of the other boys in class started to pick on me, saying that dancing is for girls," Kyle said sadly his head hanging low in shame, my jaw clenched in anger at his words.

Little jerks

"That's terrible Kyle," Jesse said sympathetically, rubbing his back gently.

Though her tone was gentle you can see the anger in her eyes.

"Listen to me, those boys are just jealous of you," Jesse said making Kyle's head perk up in interest.

"Really?" He asked

"Really! They wish they could dance as amazing as you and are simply jealous that they can't. Don't listen to a word they say, dancing is for both girls and boys. Trust me in the future they are going to be buying tickets to your recitals wishing they could be the one on stage," She stated confidently.

Her words making a giant grin appear on Kyle's face.

"You're right Jess! Thank you!" Kyle said his mood instantly lifted as he threw himself at Jesse.